Burris?????

...Doping the wind is about the hardest thing in the world to do but even a 10-yr old can dope range with a laser range finder...
Agreed, doping the wind is the hardest part to master even at closer ranges if you're shooting for groups. Why in the world would I leave my laser range finder home? But, even if I did, I can mil the target if the size is known. Not even a Carlos Hathcock clone such as yourself can mil the distance if you don't have something close to the target, or the target itself, that you know the size of.

When are we meeting to shoot in the rain? My range only goes to 800 yards, but we can stick some targets of UKS at some UKRs and see who can mil...and who can't. Also be a good test to see whose target gives the best weather report.

Agreed, doping the wind is the hardest part to master even at closer ranges if you're shooting for groups. Why in the world would I leave my laser range finder home? But, even if I did, I can mil the target if the size is known. Not even a Carlos Hathcock clone such as yourself can mil the distance if you don't have something close to the target, or the target itself, that you know the size of.

When are we meeting to shoot in the rain? My range only goes to 800 yards, but we can stick some targets of UKS at some UKRs and see who can mil...and who can't. Also be a good test to see whose target gives the best weather report.

This must be one of them "Internet challenges" I've heard so much about...

I own a lot of Burris scopes, 6 total.
I have a 6x 24x 50 Black Diamond on my 338 Ultra mag and have had no problems with it. I can see bullet holes at 300yds which is as far as I have shot it so far. I have shot next to a lot of different shooters with a lot of different scopes, using spotting scopes to see their bullet holes.
I like my Burris scopes.
Tarey

When I build another rifle it will have a Burris scope on it, and it is not cause I can't afford a nightforce.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts