Burris Z Rings

kkammenzind

Has anyone tried the Burris Z rings with the plastic inserts on a 7STW or 300 Ultra? I have used them on short mags with great results. I just am wondering about the added recoil.
Any input would be appreciated.

I have that exact ring on my 7stw mated to a Leupold VX-III 6.5-20x50.

Works great, and no slippage after 400 rounds.

aroshtr

I've used them on my sporter unbraked 338RUM. Held tight with no slippage or marks.

My buddy also uses them on his braked 338Edge.

They are great rings, don't worry about them. Just take the time to get the quart and a half of oil off of them before installing.

Thanks for all the input. I won't have any doubts about them.
They indeed packaged with alot of oil on them. I always clean them good too.

Has anyone tried the Burris Z rings with the plastic inserts on a 7STW or 300 Ultra? I have used them on short mags with great results. I just am wondering about the added recoil.
Any input would be appreciated.

I've never used them on rifles that generated any serious recoil, but have used them on several hand guns that sure do. Never had a problem with any of them moving around. I've got them mounted on a 35 Remington, .357 Herrett (that one will eat scopes faster than they can build them), and a couple 44 mags, plus a .445 Supermag. All the rifles that I own that use them are stuff like .223 and 6mm, plus a couple 30-06's
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.