Burris Xtreme Tactical scope 6-24x50mm????

When I looked around before I bought a mark 4 and then bought a NF, I did some checking aren't they only available in 1moa clicks or at least they were a couple years ago. 1moa at 1000yds.=about 10inches of adjustment.

Brent

For the price, they are a little short on overall travel adjustment. Better to go with a Leupold VX3, etc.

blipelt i do beleive i saw that they were only 1 moa click but i also saw that you could get it in 1/4 as well ,may be wrong tho.Im prolly gona end up gettin a leupold mk4 8.5-25x50 but i thought id see what people thought about the burris ive never owned anything burris before.I didnt like the reticles burris had either i really like the looks of that TMR from leupold.

I really loved the TMR recticle. I just wanted to try some other makes. I liked the NF the best and ended up buying them for all my customs. I liked my Leupold also, it just didn't fill my niche. Everybody is a little different. I know people who compete with straight 10X and people who use 32X. Both are successful in their own discipline.

This page helped me when I was looking, I hope it helps
6mm BR Scopes, Optics, Zooms for 6BR Norma target shooting--tests, specifications, accuracy and benchrest optical reviews.

Brent

I had a burris XTR 3-12,it had 1/4 clicks,to look through it was as good as my mk4 in my eyes,for the price you know its not a NF but i think they are a great value scope that will serve you well.

300R

thanks for the info. glad to see they are making the 1/4moa's now. When I called them a couple of years(3???) ago they said they wanted quick adjustment. I just thought it wasn't precise enough for me at the time. I was just starting out with my first custom long range rifle and didn't want to have to do any hold over/beside yet.

I recently purchased a new XTR 6-24X50 with the 1 MOA clicks for $600 and it is on its way back to Burris to have 1/4 MOA turrets installed for $40 each. This is the best quality scope that I could come up with for $680.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.