Burris Xtreme Tactical Rings

i've been using these rings for a little over a year. i think they're great, for the money and are super strong. i haven't used them with a heavy recoiling rifle but have never had a problem with them coming loose or poi changing oddly when using them, and i don't use loctite. go for em! and they don't leave ring marks, and i tighten the screws about as hard as i can.

I have a couple sets on rifles up to 340wm. They are robust, you do have to watch a bit , they are one inch wide and that sometimes limits scope placement. Next set I TRY ARE GOING TO BE THE 4 SCREW type sold on this site

Have a set that lives on the 338 RUM that I built for my hunting partner. Longest one shot kill so far is 1868 yards. His RUM uses 300 gr SMK's at 2950 fps....

Have a set that lives on the 338 RUM that I built for my hunting partner. Longest one shot kill so far is 1868 yards. His RUM uses 300 gr SMK's at 2950 fps....

That is exactly what I wanted to hear.

I have Burris 30mm one peice mounted on my M4 and like it alot. It uses the 3 screws just like these rings. But being a 223 it doest need much for a set of rings.

Ill check out the 4 screw rings but I will probably order a set of these Xtreme.

I have them in 30mm holding my Nightforce 12-42x56 Benchrest with a R-2 reticle on my 50 BMG and it doesn't move. I have 25 or 26 sets on everything and they are great, and not expensive. I ALWAYS lap them top and bottom and have had no problems at all.

I ordered a set of Low rings......hopefully they are tall enough, should be judging by the reviews on midway.....should be here by the weekend....better go load some more ammo so I can zero it and do some long range shooting.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.