Burris VS Zeiss

remcraz

I am looking to buy either a Burris Euro 3-12x50 with 30mm tube or a Zeiss Conquess 4.5-14x50 what one of the two will bring in more light. I will be using it for bear hunting and the more light the better

Thanks Ted

I was talking to a member on here and he said he was surprised when he held up another friend of ours Burris and it was brighter that his Niteforce. That said he was comparing them side by side and he said the Burris won on brightness and clarity hands down, I just dont think Burris is as rugged as Niteforce though.gun)

That is good to know, I was looking at them for my 300 ultra. Thanks for the Info, Like I said in my previous post I dont know how rugged they are, now I found out.gun)

I personally own 6 Burris scopes and only had problems with one of them and when I sent it in they just sent me a new one. It was on a 338JDJ contender shooting a 180 NBT at 2500fps.
Their scopes have a lifetime warranty whether you are the original owner or not.
Just my $ .02
Tarey

I'd take the Zeiss, as a matter of fact I just mailed out the check for my fourth Conquest. Although I have no problem with Burris either, a new 3x12 pistol scope was on the doorstep this afternoon when I got home from work. Just prefer the Zeiss overall.

Trying hard not to think about how much I've spent on glass this week, man that was a lot of overtime.

Chris

Last edited:
Fullfield 2's are the Burris scopes that failed on me,wouldn't hold zero. Both bought new and were done in less than 40 shots each.Knew a guy that had a leupold 4-12x40 do the same thing twice on a 8mm rem mag

Fullfield 2's are the Burris scopes that failed on me,wouldn't hold zero. Both bought new and were done in less than 40 shots each.Knew a guy that had a leupold 4-12x40 do the same thing twice on a 8mm rem mag

Fullfield II series are quite low budget......but do have the Forever Warranty though..in saying that i have one on a .308 and has held zero for about 800 shots so far.....

I have a Burris Blackdiamond 6-24X50 that is the brightest, clearest scope I have ever looked through (not that I have looked through all brands). I had it on a 264Win and it never failed, but I recently bought a Fulfield II and put it on a 7mm08 and I think it was toast from the first shot. I would buy another Blackdiamond or a Eurodiamond but they can't sell me another FF II. I need to send the FF in under warranty but don't know how this will turn out and wish I would have bought a different brand in this price range.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts