Burris vs 4200 or ?

otis348

I am looking for a new scope. I wanted a 4200 Elite, but now I am looking at the Fullfield II. Any suggestions on either or any other scope camparable or better in the same price range? Burris looked real good when I looked thru one the other day.

Jon Jackoviak

There are a lot of good quality scopes out there, with Burris & Bushnell being a couple. But I personally like the Nikon Monarch. To me is just seems brighter and clear than many others out there and at a very reasonable price.

Mysticplayer

Best thing you can do is look through all three brands then decide. I find the Burris and Bushnell have a 'wider field of view' then the Nikon. The view in the scope just seems wider.

They are all great scopes.

Jerry

MU Ag Rho

I don't feel that the Fulfield II is the right scope to compare to the 4200. The Signature series would be a better one if talking apples to apples. I have a Fulfield II in a 4.5-14 Ballistic Plex, works great on my 260 Rem Mountain Rifle, but it is not half a clear as my Signatures are.

Reloader

Another vote for the Nikon Monarch as the best but, they are all good scopes.

Jerry, the only thing I don't like about the Burris scopes is their power settings semm false when compared to others. For instance if you take 3-4 high dollar scopes and set them all at the same power the Burris scopes seem to not magnify near what the others do, they seem like they are a couple of powers down. That may be why they seem to have a greater field of view.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Iron Worker

I have both 6x24 4200 B&L and a Burris 4x16 signiture.They both are equal I think.I've made great shots with both of them mounted on the same rifle.

Trending threads

Recent Posts

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce