Burris Signature Select Rifle Scopes

skandlus

how do these scopes hold up? I have an opportunity to get a used Burris 8-32x44 Signature for $380... I am trying to rig up a semi-LRH package for my 12yr old, on a budget, this would go on a 243 or 6mm and sooner then later on a larger cal... or should I stick with a Monarch or Nikon?

I bought a scope just like that, it had the best glass I've ever looked through. However, it wouldn't track, and only had 22 moa of adjustment. It was useless :(

I have one for 3 years now and it is great ,very clear, repeatable and adjustments are spot -on..

+1 on all of that.
Mine is a 4.5x14x42, on my 7mm Rem Mag, very clear and repeatable. All of my other scopes are Leupold 3x9 and larger. My Burris compares favorably to them. gun)

JM .02

Burris have worked well for me. Its downside to me was that it has less eye relief than Leupold's, which may be more important to me for my types of shooting.

31 of my 33 optics (binocs, spotting scopes and rifle scopes) are Burris, mostly Signatures, with a couple EuroDiamond and a few FullField II's. The "odd" 2 are a Zeiss Diavari 3-9 and a Leupold Gold Ring 30x spotting scope. I think highly of Burris and have dealt with their service department (50 miles from my home) a few times with absolutely no complaints at all. I am very happy with all them, and have a 8-32 like you mention on a Rem SPS .223 that I love.

I have 3 Signature Select 4x16x44 that had the tactical turrets installed. They have great glass and they track consistent. No complaints.

I have two 8x32 black diamond, and love them. The small MOA is not a problem at all unless you are shooting out past 600. I havn't had a problem tracking either. With the 1/8" clicks it can easily put you within a 1/4" every time at 500 yrds. The glass is right there with leupold to IMO.

I also have the older one with the posi-loc, and it was a problem. I eventually sent it back and they sent me a brand new one. This was several years after I bought it! I don't use the posi-loc anymore and it holds zero still with lots of use on a old 22-250.

Dam I just noticed this is a old post!

I bought a scope just like that, it had the best glass I've ever looked through. However, it wouldn't track, and only had 22 moa of adjustment. It was useless :(

......and I'd be contacting Burris and arranging a return for repair/replacment....

I'm reasonably sure they will be very accomodating.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts