Burris Signature Rings

Lapua guy

Heard from a smith today that if I use anything more than those rings, I am paying for gimmicks. True?

Not sure what he's getting at, but I use them on all of my rifles.
With dual dovetail rings they can take some thinking to get everything lined up, but still better than "standard" rings any day. Now, all of mine are general hunting rifles, but the ones I have set up have taken game to 800+ yards, so...

Using a rail or elevated base with tactical style rings is another game entirely.
They're like going with a Ferrari instead of a Corvette. :D

Not sure what he's getting at, but I use them on all of my rifles.
With dual dovetail rings they can take some thinking to get everything lined up, but still better than "standard" rings any day. Now, all of mine are general hunting rifles, but the ones I have set up have taken game to 800+ yards, so...

Using a rail or elevated base with tactical style rings is another game entirely.
They're like going with a Ferrari instead of a Corvette. :D

That is what setups I have on most of my guns, the Ferrari. Just wondering if it is necessary. I am building a 6mm AI and thinking of options.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.