Burris signature or Talley rings/bases?

chrisC

I have a zeiss conquest 4.5-14X44 scope that I would like to put on a .17 remington I just had rebarreled with a lilja barrel. I am looking at burris signature or talley light weight rings and bases. Was just wondering what you guys would recommend. Would I have to lap the talley rings if I went that route.

My barrell is of #5 contour, what height of rings would you suggest?

I have never used Talley stuff, but I have had great luck with the 5 or 6 sets of Burris Signatures that I have. Great rings for the price. I have mediums on a Savage action with a #5 barrel on it, clearance is about 3/16ths of an inch with a 4.5x14x50 Conquest.

Chris

I strongly recommend Burris Signature rings. Be sure to tighten them using a torque wrench, then wait 30 min and re-tighten.

Talley lightweight rings have extruded saddles and are not round. They must be lapped or else they will distort and stress your scope tube. Not lapping them is bad if the scope has a side focus mechanism because a lens needs to slide inside the tube about where the front ring is located.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.