Burris Scopes

300mag

I am wanting to change to a long range scope on my Ruger M77 .300 Win, maybe a 6x18 or 6.5x20. I currently have a Leupold Vari-X III 3.5x10. I like the features and price of the Burris Fullfield II 6.5x20-50mm but am not sure if the eye relief is adequate for the recoil of the .300 mag. I am used to the long eye relief on the Leupold scopes, and have Leupolds on all my other rifles. Any opinions on the Burris scopes would be appreaciated.

go with at least the signature series. I have several and they are superb scopes for the money. They lack a lot of internal adjustment,..so a 20MOA base will be a MUST HAVE!!

swarovski 6x18x50 !!! i have several lewys 3.5-10 4.5-14 vx3's and never before could i watch a chipmunk crawl out in the am and yawn and see the hairs on his/hers (not noted)back of the neck stand up at a range finder 355yds! fact very impressive optics.as for tracking,i spun the dials all summer on groundhogs and it always stayed on!
and purchaced it new in box for $600.00

Depending on your shoulder flex, I would stick with the leupold, eye relief is more on them.

checked reciept no phone and definately no web address.low overhead may be reason for price?? or right place at the right time.try snail mail for a quote on what you may want?

mail only: lost creek shoe shop
route 1 box 575
mifflintown,pa 17059

sorry for time delay in responding,pa deer season in full swing! on vacation. lost creek shoe shop in mifflintown,good luck finding that place...amish no phone that i know of propane lamps and generators! they had one left that went with me.anyone in pa looking for zeiss,lica swarowski scopes,binos or spottingscopes,you need to ask them..they will show you their back room,but hold onto your lower jaw,it will drop!

As far as burris scopes, I like all of mine. Don't go below the signature series though. I just ordered another 8-32 black diamond.

FWIW

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.