Burris scope any good

I own three of them. An 8x32x44 Signature on my 220Swift/243AI switch barrel no issue good clicks, kills to 700yards. An 3x9 Fullfield ballistic plex on my son 25-06. He hits milk jugs consistently from 300 out 600 with a 200 zero. An 4.5x14 Fullfield II with ballistic-plex on my muzzleloader because the dots work out to 225 yards with in 2". A mini 4x on my 22.
Never had any Burris issues. Are better, yes, I own Zeiss and Swarovski too. I personally like the Zeiss Conquest for the money and quality above all. I don't think it can beat... for the money.

Owned a few Burris scopes... sold a ton of them in the sporting goods game. Nothing wrong with them, there a little on the heavy side in some models, but very well built, good glass. For the money their worth it, could you buy a better one? Sure, but you'll pay more.

I own 3 Burris pistol scopes and 3 Burris rifle scopes.
I had a pistol scope come apart 2 weeks before I was going to Wyoming antelope hunting and sent the scope back to Burris and explained to them when I was supposed to leave. They next day aired me a new scope, Now that IS GOOD customer service. I recently bought some 30mm rings that ended up being too high, so I called them and they said just send them in and they would send me the right ones. I asked if I could just send in $5.00 cash for the shipping back, they said just send the rings and they would get the shipping. :D
What scope are you looking to get?
Tarey

I own 3 Burris pistol scopes and 3 Burris rifle scopes.
I had a pistol scope come apart 2 weeks before I was going to Wyoming antelope hunting and sent the scope back to Burris and explained to them when I was supposed to leave. They next day aired me a new scope, Now that IS GOOD customer service. I recently bought some 30mm rings that ended up being too high, so I called them and they said just send them in and they would send me the right ones. I asked if I could just send in $5.00 cash for the shipping back, they said just send the rings and they would get the shipping. :D
What scope are you looking to get?
Tarey

I was looking in to the full field II 4.5x14x42 with the Bplex for 259.00 what do you think???????

I have three and they are decent. As others have said, you get what you pay for. But for a budget scope and lifetime warranty, it's hard to go wrong. Just make sure that your FFII has an AO.

My Burris Black Diamond 8x32-50 has some contaminates on the first focal plane, annoying but not enough to send it back...yet. But my older model signature select is awesome. Better clarity than my VX-L 6.5x20-56.

Bottom line is...good value and good warranty

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MINE!!! FFll, 4.5X14 X42MM A/O- BPLEX, on 270wsm and 300wby. Id recomend them to most anybody on a budget.
Just remember while adjusting the turrets on the scope(wich is VERY POORLY LABELED) that clockwise = CROSSHAIRS up /and clockwise = CROSSHAIRS right, NOT piont of impact. Other than that theyre tough, reliable, warantied, and accurate, and for the price with the bplex reticle,theyre almost unbeatable as far as drop compensation reticles go IMO.

I am sold on Burris scopes, I bought my first one around 1979. Shortly after I got it my gun ended up dropping about 6 feet and landing pretty much on the scope, the scope survived but the reticle rotated when you turned the power adjustment ring.
I sent the obviously damaged scope back to Burris and 5 days later I had a new scope, no questions asked.
Their customer service made me a customer for life. Their optic quality seems to be on par with much more expensive scopes too.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.