Burris oracle

Not the Oracle but I have the Garmin Xero. Don't think I'd ever go back to a regular sight after using it either. I actually considered the Oracle first but it has no led brightness memory. You can turn the brightness down but after the default 90 seconds passes and if you haven't pushed the ranging trigger again, it will revert back to the brightest setting again. Not good in low light as it will temporarily blind you. This was also a downfall in their Eliminator scopes and one of the reasons why I sold mine.

As for the Garmin, my first elk hunt with it was awesome this year. We had a small bull come in VERY quick and was on us in no time. I knew he was coming, so I drew and waited. He stepped out from behind a small bush stopped and offered a slightly forward quartering shot. I ranged, put the pin on him and shot. Smacked him almost perfectly but a tad lower than I'd have liked. He was hurt and ran a short ways into an open field, stopped again and offered another shot. I drew again, ranged and put a second arrow into him in mere seconds. He wobbled off another 25 yards or so and tipped over.

There's no way I could have shot that accurately and quickly without this sight. First shot maybe, second shot no way. Second shot turned out to be 62 yards and arrow nailed him perfectly. Couldn't say what the distance of the first shot was as I trust this sight and I never looked. I looked at the distance of the second shot after the elk tipped over.

Not the Oracle but I have the Garmin Xero. Don't think I'd ever go back to a regular sight after using it either. I actually considered the Oracle first but it has no led brightness memory. You can turn the brightness down but after the default 90 seconds passes and if you haven't pushed the ranging trigger again, it will revert back to the brightest setting again. Not good in low light as it will temporarily blind you. This was also a downfall in their Eliminator scopes and one of the reasons why I sold mine.

As for the Garmin, my first elk hunt with it was awesome this year. We had a small bull come in VERY quick and was on us in no time. I knew he was coming, so I drew and waited. He stepped out from behind a small bush stopped and offered a slightly forward quartering shot. I ranged, put the pin on him and shot. Smacked him almost perfectly but a tad lower than I'd have liked. He was hurt and ran a short ways into an open field, stopped again and offered another shot. I drew again, ranged and put a second arrow into him in mere seconds. He wobbled off another 25 yards or so and tipped over.

There's no way I could have shot that accurately and quickly without this sight. First shot maybe, second shot no way. Second shot turned out to be 62 yards and arrow nailed him perfectly. Couldn't say what the distance of the first shot was as I trust this sight and I never looked. I looked at the distance of the second shot after the elk tipped over.
That is awesome. I will probably end up ordering one, I wish they weren't so dang expensive

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.