Burris horror stories

thequickad

I found this posting and "A while back I had a Burris Fullfield in 4x12 that went south on me for some reason. I sent the scope in and was informed that Burris no longer makes the Fullfield and could not fix the one I sent to them. I told Burris fine, send me a 4x12 in the Fullfield II and that is when I found out that Burris' "forever" warranty lasts just about as long as it takes for you to ask them to honor it. Now, don't get me wrong. I think Burris puts out a fine product. I also think the company's customer service department is way, way out of line. Case in point: a district judge friend of mine has a Fullfield scope that had the crosshairs just fall off the mounts, or whatever crosshairs do when they disappear from sight. He sent in the scope and was told the same thing, that the Fullfield line of scopes are no longer made, so the company cannot fix the scope. Do you think the company would honor its "forever" warranty and send him a Fullfield II across the board. NOPE, all Burris did was to talk him into a Black Diamond scope at a reduced price. From my case and the case of the judge, Burris stands behind hits "forever" warranty only on paper."

here is the link. http://www.huntamerica.com/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB9&Number=359805&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Is this an old thread of has anyone ran into similar issue with Burris?
frown.gif

Quick, You know I was going to call Gordon at Burris and inquire about your horror stories, so, do you want to update everybody on how these scopes got to be unfixable, RE:unwarrantable?
rolleyes.gif
Jay

Not sure if this will help but ABO USA says they will repair any scope:
http://www.abousainc.com/OtherOptics.htm

ALL OTHER MANUFACTURERS' PRODUCT REPAIRS:
For products that expired warranty period, due to damage, abuse, improper handling, negligence, misuse alteration or unauthorized repairs or modifications voids the original warranty. Please send $38.00 per product, within continental USA, for labor, return shipping and handling. If your scope requires the parts, you will be advised of the additional cost for the parts prior to any repair.

Doug

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.