Burris Extreme Rings

Ranchertx

What is your opinion of the Burris Extreme rings? I have converted several rifles over to them, and, the rifles don't seem to be as accurate as they were. I have not switched rings on them to see if the Burris rings could be the problem.

They are light, and look strong and seem to lock down on the rail like they should.

Any feed back would be appreciated.

A few years ago I bought a rifle with a picatinny rail and decided on Burris Extreme Tactical rings. I have been so impressed with them I now have them on several rifles. I think they are great but some do not like them. I like the six screws per ring and they seem to stay locked on the bases also. Nightforce and other companies make better rings but the XTR's are a great value for the money. I have had no complaints with the XTR rings or bases.

I have them on several rifles and no problems, I do prefer the slimer Seekens, but 2x $

I started using XTR's several years ago & still recommend them to shooters starting out. Are there better rings? Yes there are, but I don't think there is anything wrong with them either.

The XTR's are a great starting place.

You mentioned something about possible accuracy issues after installing your rings.

XTR's are a directional ring, as they are meant to be installed in one direction only. That could be a possible issue.

I started using XTR's several years ago & still recommend them to shooters starting out. Are there better rings? Yes there are, but I don't think there is anything wrong with them either.

The XTR's are a great starting place.

You mentioned something about possible accuracy issues after installing your rings.

XTR's are a directional ring, as they are meant to be installed in one direction only. That could be a possible issue.

Did not see that anywhere on the instructions. So what direction are they supposed to be mounted? With the nut to the left or right?

IIRC it isn't in the instructions for some kooky reason, I installed my first pair backwards as well, the cross bolt of your XTR rings is milled with a flat on one side & is round on the other. Nut goes on the left side, slot facing forward to interface correctly with your picatinny rail. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• XTR Cross Bolt.jpg
    XTR Cross Bolt.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 28
I am sure it will! Thanks, and that may very wll be my problem. I am thinking I mounted them with the nuts on the right side.

You're welcome, that's why this forum exists. FWIW, I still have a pair on a short mag that are backwards, works just fine..... beats me:D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.