Burris Euro Diamond on AR?

Misfire

I've spent the last couple of sleepless days and nights scouring over the internet trying to decide on a reasonably priced scope for my first AR-15. I don't want "cheap" but I'm not looking for top of the line either.

Despite being bigger and heavier than what I was looking for I'm seriously considering the Burris Euro Diamond 2.5X–10X–44mm. It appears to be a lot of scope for the money and the warranty looks very good.

Origionally I wanted a red dot scope but I think the dot would be too big for precise shots beyond 100 yards. The smallest dot I could find was 2 MOA.

I'm looking for a scope that would be good for coyotes/fox/bobcats etc. from 0 to 300 or so yards. Is the Burris a good option or does anyone recommend something else?

Anyone with experience with Burris or the AR have any suggestions?

Burris is a very good option and I consider it one of the toughest
scopes made.

You are right about the dot reticle ,it is to large for small targets
but any of the fine crosshairs will work.

The AR has a lot of monkey motion going on when fired so I recomend
getting the models with the Posi lock. It realy anchors the reticle down
to hold the zero.

I like it on all hard kicking weapons and semi auto's.

Good choice
J E CUSTOM

I've tried several on my varmint AR rig, including Burris Black Diamond, Bushnell Elite 4200 -- both of which were and are great. I ended up with a Leupold fixed 6x, though. I keep meaning to send it in to the custom shop for mildots, but it seems the best out of the box varmint AR scope I've seen. IOR has one, too, which I keep on another .223.

Thanks for the input.

I'm now considering a Nikon Monarch UCC 3.3X10. It is on clearance for $289.00 with mil dots.

I liked the Burris and was almost ready to buy it but there were a few things I wasn't crazy about once I played with it. It didn't seem as clear as the Nikon and the reticule was a bit thicker. I may be wierd but I also didn't like fact that the entire eye piece moves when you make power changes. My other option in the price range I'm looking for is a Leupold Vari-X II.

So it boils down to an upper end Nikon with mil dots or a mid grade Leupold with standard duplex. I'm probably being too picky because the shot distances are going to be relatively short but I'd like the biggest bang for the buck.

The rifle isn't going to be here until next week so I have some time. Infact, I still need to figure out what type of mount I'm going to use for the flat top. I'm leaning towards a Armalite one piece base and ring combo.

What do Ya'll think?

Ok, I folded...

I went with what I know and bought a Leupold.

I found a NIB Mark 4 PR 3.5X10 for about the same money I was gonna pay for the Burris. Hopefully it will be here next week.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.