Burris Eliminator III

I recently bought an Elimanator III when they were $500 off and mounted on my 6.5-284. Input my information and headed to the range. 2 shots to zero, third shot to 500 hit 1" high but dead center horizontally. I may have to tweak my drop information a tad. As stated field of view and clarity are not up to high end glass but serviceable. Will be playing with it more soon.

The optics aren't the best that's true but the range finder is very good and the ability to range and then fire in just seconds is awesome and with the faster rounds with high b.c. Bullets I've been able to shoot over 1100 yards without running out of drop in the scope

Yes you will need to tweak it.
Change numbers a little.
Be prepared for a all day sight in session. Shoot 5 or 6 shells at 200 to 750 yards at 50 intervals. so what if takes is 2 or 3 boxes of shells. Once you have it dialed it you are good for ever. This scope is a game changer. Just take the time to do it right. MD

I was on a hit streak of about 8 in a row coyotes from 50 to 442 yards with this scope on my 243 wssm, but it ended Sunday. I missed one at...about 50 yards, on the move.

Not the scopes fault at all lol, but admittedly it's not the ideal optic for that scenario. But it was sure nice on the 295 yarder a few stands earlier..

I have a Burris eliminator 3 and a 4 . I have shot elk , moose and deer with them. In 2018 I shot a 12 pt moose at 325 yards in Newfoundland a one shot kill. That was with my eliminator 1V. In New Mexico with my 3 at 301 I hit the first shot and the guide had me shoot until he dropped a 6x5. The scope works well.

My problem is proper ranging and interpretation to my scope. I don't have the finesse, yet, of the required "long range" tweaking that many others on this board have (I know, I know...practice, practice, practice) but I don't want to have expert skills before I enjoy the lovely "Ping" of steel hundreds of yards away. My goal is a weekend afternoon of denting steel and emptying boxes of ammo; not studying ballistics charts, analyzing loads, calibrating chronographs, etc.. Others have that passion, not me. I love to fly fish but don't need the expertise and understanding to tie a fly to enjoy it. It's the same with range shooting.
As I mentioned in my first post, I'm seriously contemplating sleeping on the couch for a week to get one. Just haven't quite "pulled the trigger" yet, though.
Thanks for the feedback, all.
Try a Sig BDX system. I've got two of them now, and they are on the money out to 600 yards. I'm heading out to my buddies farm next weekend to see how they do at 1k.

I recently bought an Elimanator III when they were $500 off and mounted on my 6.5-284. Input my information and headed to the range. 2 shots to zero, third shot to 500 hit 1" high but dead center horizontally. I may have to tweak my drop information a tad. As stated field of view and clarity are not up to high end glass but serviceable. Will be playing with it more soon.
The Burris Eliminator III scope I think is the best hunting scope on the market for animals the size of red fox to buffalo. Prairie dogs size animals mine will range them to about 500 yards. Now they have a a Eliminator IV ON THE MARKET so look at both outside if you can. If you want to put animals on the sod or snow its a no brainer. I have mine on a Tikka 243 CAL. I am not afraid to shoot a deer out to 500 yards with this little cal , it puts them in the wheel house every time. I am at the age now that I cannot turn the turrets fast enough while hunting. Even for some reason your batter fails which I never heard of one going dead you can still use the scope. It truly is a game changer. Quick no dials to screw with. Excellent for shooting steel gongs way way out there. Marty

I agree 100%. I have 2 now, the 4-16 with remote, and a 3-12, which does mostly everything the bigger one does and is noticeably lighter and smaller. The 4-16 is on my dpms g2 243, which is a stupid accurate rifle. Take the time and ammo to dial it in as close as you can.

I spent many years trying to figure out the best coyote calling scope and setup. Ranging separately just doesn't work for me, too much movement and too slow on a wary coyote. The very first trip I drilled one at 442 iirc, as he paused for a look back on his way out of town. That would have been a lost chance with any other setup. Don't forget the significance of the windage hold data either. If you have a good idea of the wind speed it's very fast to estimate based on the number it gives.