Burris Eliminator 3 on Muzzleloader?

corey006

I am wanting to use the bullet drop feature to have 100 yard zero and be able to shoot out to 300 yards (maybe 350).

My calculated drop @ 750 yards is 490 inches.

So when I go to program the scope the bullet drop number maxed out @ 260 inches of drop.

Anyone have any ideas how I can trick this out to make it work?

My load is :

Parker Ballistic Extreme 275 gr (claimed b.c is .296...actual is around .251)
B.H 209

It makes close to 2100 fps

Do you have enough info on the drop of your bullet to just go to the max drop allowed. In other words make 260 inches of drop your longest shot. You have to substitute numbers but can that work. I have never used one of these scopes so not exactly sure whatall you can do. The other possibilty being Burris should have some info to help you out. As muzzle loading is popular now they may have a model just for it.

Ya not sure

The way their computer works it says you need a 750 yard drop #.

Trouble is it maxed out at 260 inches.

I don't think it will work.

But I will contact Burris tommorow.

It will still range the target but I will have to make a drop chart and use dots accordingly.

I can only shoot out to 300-350 yards max. So I think I will just zero at 200 yards.

Will be 4.8" high at 100 & 19.5 " low @300.

This is quote off Burris website...

The Eliminator 4-16x50 (Model #200119) has enhanced ballistic software that makes it a triple threat in the woods. Not only will it work for centerfire cartridges, but will now work on most rimfire, muzzleloader and slug guns as well.

I was also mistaken as the max drop number for 750 yards is 230 not 260".

I do not know any muzzleloader or slug gun that will have less than 230" of drop @ 750 yards.

Maybe Burris has different software available or a "work around"?

I was actually mistaken.

It's 230" @ 750 for max drop #.
This is quote off Burris website...

The Eliminator 4-16x50 (Model #200119) has enhanced ballistic software that makes it a triple threat in the woods. Not only will it work for centerfire cartridges, but will now work on most rimfire, muzzleloader and slug guns as well.

I was also mistaken as the max drop number for 750 yards is 230 not 260".

I do not know any muzzleloader or slug gun that will have less than 230" of drop @ 750 yards.

Maybe Burris has different software available or a "work around"?

Off their website.

I found my answer.

The newer models 200119 will work with low velocity.

My model is older model 200116....won't work and cannot be upgraded either.

Dangit.

Do you like the scope to get another one. Some people like the Eliminator others not so much. I have never had one I was only throwing some ideas your way I thought might work. I am glad you found the answer to your problem hope it is one you can act on.

Honestly I bought it used for a good price just wanted to try it and see.

Not sure IF I would ever buy updated model.

Poor design because it should be like a G7 rangefinder where you plot all the variables.

There's much more to long range than just b.c and bullet drop @ 750 yards?

I am wanting to use the bullet drop feature to have 100 yard zero and be able to shoot out to 300 yards (maybe 350).

My calculated drop @ 750 yards is 490 inches.

So when I go to program the scope the bullet drop number maxed out @ 260 inches of drop.

Anyone have any ideas how I can trick this out to make it work?

My load is :

Parker Ballistic Extreme 275 gr (claimed b.c is .296...actual is around .251)
B.H 209

It makes close to 2100 fps

When I bought mine it came with a 20 moa shim to use for more drop. While not getting you to 490 it is getting closer. 20 moa@ 750 = about 150". I did not use my 20moa. If you want to try it I will look for it. You could also call Burris and get one. I had good luck with them.

It's not about getting to 750 yards.

You need the drop # for 750 yards to program the laser rangefinder to calculate and plot the aiming for.

If you cartridge has more than 230" of drop at 750 yards then you cannot program the # 200116 model.

The #200119 (newest model) has option for Muzzleloaders.

I understand that and you are correct. But the scope does not know it is on a 40moa rail. Just input 230 and that plus the rail will get you there. Then tweak it at 100-350 for your muzzleloader. 40 moa at 750 gives you about 300 inches. That plus the program of 190 will get you close. You would still have to shoot you distances and tweak it. Never tried it, but if I had the scope and wanted to use it I would try.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.