burris elimanator?

hillbily

just picked up a new issue of "rifle" and noticed an advertisment for the burris "elimanator" laser range finding scope that automatically calculates then displays hold over. i mentioned this to my bro and he said "well that takes all the fun/ guess work out of it!" to which i replied "hell ya, no guess work less work!"
anyone have any experiance with the "elimanator"? looking for info on price effectiveness and availability, i live in canada so i realize it would be 6-8 months before it arrives here in stores.

i havent used one yet im not sure they are avalible yet but we will be selling them at my store soon i believe they will be around 850-900 but it dosent take all the work out of it u cant forget windage

just picked up a new issue of "rifle" and noticed an advertisment for the burris "elimanator" laser range finding scope that automatically calculates then displays hold over. i mentioned this to my bro and he said "well that takes all the fun/ guess work out of it!" to which i replied "hell ya, no guess work less work!"
anyone have any experiance with the "elimanator"? looking for info on price effectiveness and availability, i live in canada so i realize it would be 6-8 months before it arrives here in stores.

In order for it to accurately display holdover, it needs to know your bullet's MV and BC, and it needs to know the enviromental conditions, altitude, pressure and temp. It also needs to know the angle of the shot and your scope height above bore. Otherwise it's just a wag and not taking the guess work out, just doing a different kind of guess. Fine up to 500 yds, but not practicle for extended ranges.

Another question I have is how does it range? As in, do you need to focus and depress a button? And how far?

-Mark

To answer my own questions, I found this on the Burris site...

http://www.burrisoptics.com/laserscope.html

It is basically for shooting up to 500 yds from what I can tell.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.