Burris Customer Service is a joke

remingtonman_25_06 that is some good news to hear. I was pretty impressed when I looked through the scope and it only weighs 19 ounces which I thought was another plus. Hopefully I can try it out next week.

I had to use Burris customer service once for a parralax issue. I called in a little worried about what I might hear because of threads like this that I had read. Much to my surprise the guy on the other end listened and said "heck you got to send that in to us so we can fix it"!
I had it back in about 7-10 days and it was fixed fine.
Had to send in a leo once and got great service there too. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Re: Burris Customer Service

I have also had great service on both handgun and rifle scopes.
I never had to send my 6-24 BD in, but I have had two handgun scopes over the years that needed attention.
Mine was dealt with in a good way.
Sorry to hear about all the difficulty you have had.

Looks like there has been no change in over ten years then.
Had similar trouble turrets not tracking, wind up about 8 clicks and nothing, then up another click and you could see the crosshair jump. Sent it back for repair after the usual crap of mounting etc, three weeks later returned with note saying it was within their spec and fine.
Scope again was returned as it was useless the way it was, two weeks later returned and ok.
Shame the optics are really superb on the Signature.

I was also looking at purchasing a Burris scope a 4 x 16 x 50 Blackdiamond, but after what I have read hear I am not sure that it is such a good idea. Would you guys suggest maybe a Nikon or Leupold insread?

i know this is an old topic but why start a new one when this one is already here.

on saturday my burris 4-16 signature decided to break. it's mounted on my 30-378 sako trgs. only been on this gun for 5 years or so. i shot two perfect fouling shots, then i tried to shoot a group with it and it was about 4" . the gun never shot this bad. shot another group and was the same thing. moved it over 2 clicks to the left and on the next shot it went instantly blurry and then came back slowly. moved the power ring and it was all blurry, image was all contorted. you could see the crosshairs move. took it off and i could here parts rattling around inside. sent it in monday 11-13-06 priority mail. going to have target knobs installed also while it is there.

the Pa. bear season starts on 11-20-06 and deer season starts 11-27-06. doubt i'll have it back to use it this year.

i'll update when i get some info.

Well, I've had to send 2 of the three Burris scopes back I own both for crap inside and parallax problems. The last one came back with chips in the finish through to bare aluminum. I called and complained, they said send it back???? I said for what, can't be refinished. Sent letter to CEO...no answer. The last one I bought a 4.5X 14 Full Field seems excellent on my 7mm RUM, but their scopes seem to be a quality control crap shoot, no more for me.

got some info. it is currently being sent back thru UPS and is due on the 29th. they didn't say if they installed the target knobs, but i doubt they did being they didn't call for payment for them.

update.

received it yesterday 11-29-06. all fixed and tested. mounted it back on the 30-378 and will sight it in this weekend. they didn't put target knobs on it tho.

way back from the dead.

back in '06 i recieved the scope. mounted it in '07 and it was still not holding groups.

sent it back again in '08 , they said nothing was wrong and when i got it back, i mounted and tried to use it again. still screwed up, would not hold groups at all. the gun i use it on is a shooter.

finally i sent it back last month, april 2010, they called me a week later and said it was irrepairable, and are sending me a new one. the wife texted me this morning and said a package came from burris this morning. they didn't have the scope in ballistic milldot, but just in ballistic plex. i said that was ok. the scope was a 4 x 16 signature.

so after 3 trips back to burris at $20 each, i have a replacement. i have not hunted with this gun for 4 years, which sucks, but maybe i'll just buy a leupold for on it now.

I must be one of the lucky ones. I've got 2 Black Diamond scopes and 1 Fullfield 2 have had no issues with either one. My only dealing with customer service was to send in the 6-24 to have the Ballistic Mil Dot put in and the scope was back in my hands within 10 days. Is it the equal of a Nightforce or US Optics? Nope, but I have no problem with running them on varmint rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.