Burris Compared to Nikon, Bushnell, Leupold...

jasonprox700

I've been looking at scopes for my upcoming builds and it seems like Burris fits the bill. How do they compare to some of the other scope brands? It seems like they are a pretty good buy for what you get. I already have a 6.5-20x50 Fullfield II on my Bushy Varminter that rivals the clarity of my 6.5-20x50 LR VariX3. I am also borrowing my brother's 4.5-14x42 Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex (mounted on another AR). The clarity on this is also superb.

I have two guns in question that I would like to outfit. One is a Rem 700 in .338 WM and the other will be a .300 RUM. Will they hold up? I was thinking of sticking my bro's on the .300 for now, and purchasing a 3-12x44 Signature select for the .338.

I'm trying to stay under $500. Would I be better of going with one of the other brands? I only have Nikon and Leupold to compare to.

Burris Signature Select 3-12X44mm Ballistic Plex Reticle Matte Black RifleScope FREE S&H 200616. Burris Signature Select Riflescopes, Burris Riflescopes.

Burris 4.5-14x42mm Fullfield II Parallax Adjustable Rifle Scope FREE S&H 200181, 200183, 200188. Burris Fullfield II Riflescopes, Burris Riflescopes.

Jason, I have always wondered the same thing. I don't have a lot of experience with the Burris line but like the looks of the Tactical XTR in 6-24 with the 1/4 MOA and Ballistic Mil Dot reticle. I've heard the Burris is one of the best for taking punishing recoil. Wish I knew more about them.

Have you played with your turret adjustments much? I wonder how accurate and repeatable they are.

Burris scopes held up on my 338 JDJ and 444 Marlin Contender and my 338 RUM remington. If you want a good price on a Burris scope PM Bigbuck on this site and he will hook you up, tell him Tarey sent you. :D
Tarey

I have a 4.5-14x42 Burris FFII with BP reticle on my Ruger M77 MKII in .338 WM and it is holding up very well. I cannot speak for the ones Made in the Phillipines but mine was Made in the US.

Good luck!

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.