Burris Black Diamond (Internal Adjustment)?

samson

Where can I find, how much Adjustment their scopes have. I keep hearing that the optics are fine but they have minimal internal adj.

I have on eof th old Black Diamond 6-24x on my 50 BMG. I do not know exactly how much vertical adjustment it has but it has enough to zero the rifle at 1000 yards very comfortably with plenty left over. THis was without the use of any built in moas in the base either.

The center line of the scope is nearly 3" off the axis of the LAR 50 BMGs bore axis though.

The scope is clearer to my eye then any Leupold MkIV and I have shot many 3/4 moa groups with it at 1000 yards including my best three shot group of 5.149" at that range.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

samson
I believe Burris has all of that info on their website. Seems like I remember reading up on their scopes there back when I was in the market for optics.
Chris

Burris has more internal adjustment then the Leupold, except possibly for the Leupold Mark 4. I can not remember what the Mark 4 has for sure. I use the Burris Blk Diamond 6X24 for shooting 1,000 yards with a Rem. 700 in 300 Win Mag. I use Burris Signature rings with inserts and the Rem. LR (20 MOA) base. With 190grn bullet I need near 29 MOA scope dope from 100yrd zero to get to 1,000 yards. Burris has more adjustments to go further, (which I am currently working on). Ballistic Plex will give you even further use of the scope. Optics are great. I used to think Leupold was the only way to go. Quality and price of the Burris has changed my mind. I do like turrets on Leupold better, but maybe that is because I have used them for so many years.

Turrets can be used with gloves on and clicks are good. They also come with turret covers to keep them from getting changed while hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.