Burris AR Signature QD P.E.P.R. Scope Mount

LDHunter

I am a bit confused... I mounted a scope on an AR last week and took it to the range. It shot all over the target but the scope is a Leupy Mark 4 that I've been using to test rifles for accuracy for a couple of years now and I simply trust the scope.

I took it to a friend to look over and he said the scope mount is junk and wanted me to try one of his $400 plus mounts (not trying to sell it to me).

I declined but I left the AR with him to look over and he said the mount was loose and he had tightened the four Allen screws on the side of it so tight that the functionality of the quick release was cancelled... <sigh>

Anyway.... I am just going to go back to the range and shoot it again to see if he is right that the mount was loose and just needed tightening.

Does anyone on here use these mounts and if so have they had trouble with them?

I figured someone would reply that has one....
I just removed one of these Burris mounts from my AR. I have to agree that there's "better choices" out there. I just ordered a Leupold AR 1" mount for the rifle. I have one on another rifle and it shoots true. Follow the torque settings.

I have one of the Burris QD mounts on my boys Ruger 10/22 takedown rifle great mount for that purpose. I would not use that QD mount for precision work however.