Burris 4.5x-14x-42mm Fullfield II Ballistic Plex Riflescope

bajaaa

Burris 4.5x-14x-42mm Fullfield II Ballistic Plex Riflescope

Looking for a good LR scope on a budget for my 7RM shooting Hornady 154gr Interlocks out to 600yds on deer....

Would this fit the bill?....$379 scope on sale

Anyone here have any experience with this one?

Thanks!:D

Last edited:
Yes! I have one on my .338 WM but have not stretched its capability pass 300 yards with my current load (225gr NAB) under development.

I'm sure the pros will chime in soon with their own experiences and recommendations.

Good luck!

Ed

First off, check ebay. You should be able to get one cheaper than that. I have been working with that reticle for about 4 years now and I really like it. With a 200 yard zero and a bullet with a BC of .500 or so at 3000 fps or so should correspond almost precisely to the subtension of the reticle. That reticle will get you out to 600 yards. Beyond that I would recommend turrets for elevation and windage correction.
Also, the reticle isn't "busy". I have never been distracted from the center crosshair when making a quick close shot on game. All in all, a pretty good scope.

Last edited:
I have that very scope and really like it. I am looking for another right now. If I can't find a used monarch, sig select or vx-iii, I buy another ffII. I wouldn't pay more than 339 new.

lightbulbI am slowly getting use to mine. I have a 3x9 on my Bushmaster M4, ORC ,223. I feel for hunting its fast and a good way to go. I find from my Sierra software that I don't use the center cross hair. Instead I use the first hash to 200 yds and then the hash's follow 300,400, post 500 yds. I might recommend the Nikon coyote scope looks interesting to me. I wish I had gone to the 4 x 14. Can't hit what you can't see.

My brother and I both use this scope. His on a Rem 700 Sendero 7mm STW, and mine on a TC Encore 280. We have both taken deer at 500 yds with these rigs shooting 140 Accubonds. The ballistic plex works great!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.