Burris 34mm Signature Rings Fiasco- BEWARE

The solid 6 screw tactical rings Burris sent me were rusted in the package. The second set they sent were just as bad, virtually no coating on them. I just went ahead and had them cerakoted along with a rifle I was building at the time. They look good now

I inspected the Burris Signatures, PEPR,Tactical, etc. The signatures were the best of the lot. That said being Chinese they are apt to have QC problems, and I was able to identify a surface issue on one random set of rings I pulled off the shelf. I could also see an issue with a PEPR mount I pulled off the shelf: very porous alloy on the mounting surface. (whether or not this would cause a problem is unknown) Burris newest AR Signature PEPR mount look like they are machined better: but the proof will be in the pudding. I think it's important to inspect the mounts/rings prior to attempting to install. Like I said any optic mount could be bad. It's less likely you will see a higher end product fail QC as it will likely be inspected hands on with a degree of more time and care. I am a huge fan of Burris. They are offering a great set of rings and mounts at a very good cost, and they have great support. You can't expect a Chinese made product these days to stand up to something that costs much more to manufacture. If you are taking the thrifty route, I recommend you ensure the rings are true before clamping onto an expensive optic. I know many love the Burris mounts: but some will slip through QC and cause issues: I believe in your case you just lucked out.. I called Burris and was disappointed they did not offer a higher end mount, and I believe the new AR Signature is an attempt to bridge the gap. I recommend LaRue's mounts if you are running a Burris XTRII like I am. I also like their new scope which is even better, but my XTRII seems to be shooting 1/2 MOA for me so I'm happy for now. I still can't get a load to verify tracking, so I'm going to have to use a laser. I hope I don't have to return the scope, I really do, but some with XTRII's are having issues out of the box. Burris warranty is excellent considering, and I have no doubt they will make it right if your rings or your scope has issues.

I have signatures on almost every rifle I own. 338 rum, 300 win mag and on down. I torque to 28-30 inch pounds like the fat wrench suggests. duel dovetails, z rings and the 6 screw xtr's. been using them as long as they have been selling them with no problems. have to be careful of the inserts location in the rings sometimes to get them right. I would not mount my scope rings with only 20 i.p. of torque. just my opinion and experience.

I have signatures on almost every rifle I own. 338 rum, 300 win mag and on down. I torque to 28-30 inch pounds like the fat wrench suggests. duel dovetails, z rings and the 6 screw xtr's. been using them as long as they have been selling them with no problems. have to be careful of the inserts location in the rings sometimes to get them right. I would not mount my scope rings with only 20 i.p. of torque. just my opinion and experience.

Glad they're working for you. I like the design and believe me I wanted them to work. It's possible there was a bad lot of those rings but after my experience I'm not interested in finding out. The solids are on there and still holding great

They're well engineered for sure. They offer features that are not readily available in rings that cost three times as much or more. I think they're great for hunting rigs versus heavier mounts. But I prefer to give my business to American companies who make stuff in the USA.

Leupolders say the same thing. You will need a good warranty with either
lol. Vortex warranty is incredible IMO. Everything breaks, it's a matter of how easily it breaks and how fast they can rma it for you. This is why I won't put anything on my carbine until I have a opportunity to break it first to see how easily it breaks and how fast the company rmas it. So far a few companies have exceeded my expectations and made products that have not broken. They are neither cheap nor made in Asia.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.