Burris 2x7 handgun scope ?

have several 2x7 burris pistol scopes no complaints also have the 445 supermag what an impressive cal. use it for most all of my hand gun hunting

Have a Burris 2-7 with the BP reticle on my XP-100 in 7BR, works great for hunting and range work out to about 300 yards. Excellent field of view. For me, that is max for this scope. I have a XP-100R in 260 and have a Burris 3-12 BP reticle on it. For deer hunting less than 200 yards, I believe it is too much. Has a smaller field of view, that for me is more difficult to get a shot off. NOW, with that said, if you are going beyond 200 yards as a norm or are in a deer stand and not stocking, then I believe that the 3-12 would be a better choice. Especially if you re going to be doing range work out to 5 or 600 yards.

I will be ordering another Burris 2-7 for the MUTT XP-100 build I'm working on in 7-08.

Just keep in mind that the earlier scopes are Japanese/Low Optical whereas the later versions are of questionable orign. Easy to tell. Look inside the objective end, it's marked there.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.