Burris 2x7 handgun scope ?

I have three of them and I think they are the best handgun scope on the market.

If I could only have one scope, it would be a 2 x 7 Burris with Ballistic Plex reticle.

I have several Burris scopes on my single shot handguns.
I have hit woodchucks past 250 yards using them. I have missed woodchucks at that distance as well!!

I own one. had it on my custom smith 44. too much for it. went back to a 2x leupold. awesome on contender though. that's where it lives now.

I have a 2-7 BP on my Encore 7=08 pistol and love it. I have one on my RSBHH ,looks awesome but its a boat anchor. For the money you cant go wrong with Burris Handgun scopes.

A Burris 2X7 sits atop my XP-100 in 7mmBr. Works like a champ!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Xp-100 7BR also.

Ernie i'll be using it hunting from a treestand for hogs deer and coyotes.

What grabbed me about the Burris scope besides the price was the field of view.
I bought a vortex crossfire 2x from Doug at cameraland as a back up b/c it was $50 -the Burris has as much field of view on 7x as the vortex does on 2x.
Thanks for the help guys -and i welcome more if'n you gott'em.

I have one on my 44 S&W 2 screw L frame. I machined the mount/rail myself because I didn't want to destroy the value of a vintage 2 screw gun that's in perfect condition.

The scope has fantastic eye relief, but it is a bit cumbersome, but then the 'Dirty Harry' revolver is a bit cumbersome itself.

I've had no issues with the scope shooting magnum loads, however, I have the Japanese built scope with the good glass. Not sure if the new ones are as good. Ballistic plex reticle too.

I only have one 2x7 B-Plex. I put it on my XP100R 260 about 5 years back. I have taken deer and antelope out to 405 yds. At 400 yds the game gets pretty small and that is about it for my ballistic reticles on the 120grn Sierra Pro Hunters. It has served me well and really like the eye relief. Very clear and always on zero. If I ever find a good deal on another I will own it. I have moved to 3x12 BP scopes on my XP's for the longer shooting rounds. Mainly for the extra power to see the target better. I have six Burris scopes on heavy recold pistols and have not had one fail yet.

Mike

never have tried the burris but have heard good things about there pistol optics.i put a pride&fowler 1.25-4 with the rapid recticle on my 500s&w and have hit a coyote at 325yrds. i dont have the time to tell you about all the misses at lesser and beyond that yardage.but anyway if anybody is looking to try a different brand than burris check it out. there scopes are calibrated to a few different calibers. the 500,454,&44 just to name a few. you can find them for between $300-$365.

never have tried the burris but have heard good things about there pistol optics.i put a pride&fowler 1.25-4 with the rapid recticle on my 500s&w and have hit a coyote at 325yrds. i dont have the time to tell you about all the misses at lesser and beyond that yardage.but anyway if anybody is looking to try a different brand than burris check it out. there scopes are calibrated to a few different calibers. the 500,454,&44 just to name a few. you can find them for between $300-$365.the scope has proven its self to the heavy recoil,has awesome eye relief and does not distort when dialed up.with practice im sure a person can dump animals at a great distance with this optic an the rite load. and the good lord knows i can use more practice.

I have used the Burris 2-7 on a load of handguns ranging from revolvers in 357 Mag, 44 Mag, 454 Casull, 50 AE and specialty single shot handguns in 270 Win, 7mm-08, 6.5mm WSM, 338 WSM and they have always held up great for me. They are handgun scopes however, they give up alot of light when it gets to dusk or right before done. You generally give up 20 minutes of shooting time at both ends of the day, if your shooting into the sun, you will loose more then that but thats true with any handgun scope.

As handgun scopes go, this is a pretty good one. Now that said, I have not used a new one within the past few years. All of mine are at least 6 years old and there have been some changes at Burris, can not say the quality has changed but I have noticed some changes in some of their rifle scopes.....

I just put one on my dan wesson 44. I had dan wesson drill and tap a rail on a 6" shroud. Works and looks great. I think the burris is a great scope. I wouldnt hesitate in recommending them.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.