Bumpstocks banned

Well at first glance, this sounds like a good idea.
But lets not forget what we are seeing played out right now by our esteemed top law enforcement officials, and what we have learned as a result.
Every person is at least entitled to a "fair trial".
Cops on the ground seem to do a pretty fair job of denying a trial to a lot of the more serious offenders.
I agree. I said "undeniable evidence". In other words, it's 100% you did it, and the judge and jury found you guilty.

As for the cop-bashing, I won't agree with that. I know lots of cops that are good people and would never harm an innocent. Only a handful of bad ones seem to get the press and publicity. What about the ones in Washington state that are refusing to enforce unconstitutional gun laws on the citizens of their state? Sounds like some good folks to me.

Well at first glance, this sounds like a good idea.
But lets not forget what we are seeing played out right now by our esteemed top law enforcement officials, and what we have learned as a result.
Every person is at least entitled to a "fair trial".
Cops on the ground seem to do a pretty fair job of denying a trial to a lot of the more serious offenders.

I take great umbrage to, "Cops on the ground seem to do a pretty fair job of denying a trial to a lot of the more serious offenders." Cops are judged in a negative light no matter what they do. I live and worked in a rural town. I have had people file a complaint against me for driving too fast to the call and then another complaint filed because it took me too long to get to the same call; and, this was the same call. To pigeon hole all law enforcement personnel and judge them based upon the bureaucratic BS that is going on in DC really is doing an injustice to good people who are doing a thankless job in law enforcement, PERIOD!!! Unless you've walked in their shoes, and I suspect that you never have base upon your comment, don't judge them. There's a lot that LE does that no one sees, or ever gives them credit for doing. They're the ones who are risking their lives running into a burning building or running into a gunfight that others are running away from!! I'd really like to know where you get off, or who you think you are to pass judgement on law enforcement anyways!!????? There are a lot of left winged, liberal, extremist radicals out there, who are simply looking for a cause!!! Are you one of them!!???? I did thirty-years in law enforcement, I NEVER gave a speeding ticket to anyone who didn't deserve it; and, lots who did deserve them and were given a break. If you review the BS that went on in Baltimore where a guy died while in police custody, those officers were charged to keep the city from burning to the ground (again left winged radicals looking for a cause); after trial they were acquitted. The press did what it could to ratchet things up to make it look like the investigation and the subsequent trial were a sham!! Then there was the situation where an officer shot an "unarmed man" who was trying to take his gun away from him. The "unarmed man" had just done a "strong arm" robbery of a Mom and Pop store, he was a bully and a crook; yet, the press made him look like Mary Poppins!! The police officer ended up with broken bones from the attack. The media is where the unfair practices start. And....say what you may about Trump he is disclosing the news media for what it is, false and untruthful!! So please don't spread that BS about law enforcement in a public forum such as this. I don't usually write responses like this, however this posting was uncalled for; I find it does deserve a response. I find the comment extremely unfair and uncalled for here!! This is "supposed" to be a Long Range shooting forum, not a place to smear law enforcement!!

Last edited:
I don't care about bump stocks one way or another.

The destruction thing is quite another matter.

If purchased legally then the buyor should be compensated by the Federal Govt. as in a gun buy back program.

I know this is not how it works but let's see a lawsuit. Not suing for 2nd amendment but under trade laws.

And it's the Republicans who have been trying to undo the 2nd amendment for years. The Democrats never touch it, they are politically smart.

Well said, brother. Seems we gotta have "thick skin" even on the forum where we go to escape our chosen SELFLESS profession. Figures.....

Thanks, I felt it was a negative, and uncalled for cheep shot focused at LE. I'm fairly thick skinned, just ——ed me off, simply sliding that negative statement in. Law enforcement is not deserved of such negativism. I like hunting, shooting and reloading and really enjoy this forum and the comments and folks who share their experiences and information.

I just don't really care about this. I don't own a bumpstock, never will. If I want full auto fire, I'll pony up and do it the legal way. I don't think anyone needs to own a bumpstock. If they want full auto fire, acquire it the right way. That being said, I don't think the gubbermint needs to be in the business of outlawing such foolishness. I think we should look into the true cause of these mass shootings. The bumpstock, however, is not the hill that I want to die on.
Well said, does it not make sense that as the population explodes you are going to have more people that are mentally defective just as a rule of numbers? Also having more people also creates more anxiety, less available work ect. I'd like to see population control as in the world cannot support familes having 8 kids anymore and bringing the here to benefit them and shaft the people who are already here and would still die for this country. Two kids and out.

These mass shooting as well as the opioid epidemic are a result of the legal drug dealers...Big Pharma! People go on the meds and are crazier than before they went on them. And, the pharmaceutical companies show these commercials on TV like its a beer! No one talks about that...instead they blame guns. The opioid epidemic stems form legal pills that lead to heroin. Not Rocket science!

I will say this, the national emergency Trump just did WILL be a problem for gun owners. When next the Dems get the white house, they will declare an emergency and bypass congress on gun control!

I take great umbrage to, "Cops on the ground seem to do a pretty fair job of denying a trial to a lot of the more serious offenders." Cops are judged in a negative light no matter what they do. I live and worked in a rural town. I have had people file a complaint against me for driving too fast to the call and then another complaint filed because it took me too long to get to the same call; and, this was the same call. To pigeon hole all law enforcement personnel and judge them based upon the bureaucratic BS that is going on in DC really is doing an injustice to good people who are doing a thankless job in law enforcement, PERIOD!!! Unless you've walked in their shoes, and I suspect that you never have base upon your comment, don't judge them. There's a lot that LE does that no one sees, or ever gives them credit for doing. They're the ones who are risking their lives running into a burning building or running into a gunfight that others are running away from!! I'd really like to know where you get off, or who you think you are to pass judgement on law enforcement anyways!!????? There are a lot of left winged, liberal, extremist radicals out there, who are simply looking for a cause!!! Are you one of them!!???? I did thirty-years in law enforcement, I NEVER gave a speeding ticket to anyone who didn't deserve it; and, lots who did deserve them and were given a break. If you review the BS that went on in Baltimore where a guy died while in police custody, those officers were charged to keep the city from burning to the ground (again left winged radicals looking for a cause); after trial they were acquitted. The press did what it could to ratchet things up to make it look like the investigation and the subsequent trial were a sham!! Then there was the situation where an officer shot an "unarmed man" who was trying to take his gun away from him. The "unarmed man" had just done a "strong arm" robbery of a Mom and Pop store, he was a bully and a crook; yet, the press made him look like Mary Poppins!! The police officer ended up with broken bones from the attack. The media is where the unfair practices start. And....say what you may about Trump he is disclosing the news media for what it is, false and untruthful!! So please don't spread that BS about law enforcement in a public forum such as this. I don't usually write responses like this, however this posting was uncalled for; I find it does deserve a response. I find the comment extremely unfair and uncalled for here!! This is "supposed" to be a Long Range shooting forum, not a place to smear law enforcement!!
Sorry that you took the wrong meaning from my comment. A few in my family retired from law enforcement in a very tough environment, so im well aware of what they contend with. You know exactly what was meant by my comment, so no need for the soap box speech.

Sorry that you took the wrong meaning from my comment. A few in my family retired from law enforcement in a very tough environment, so im well aware of what they contend with. You know exactly what was meant by my comment, so no need for the soap box speech.

This will be the last of this conversation from my end!! First and foremost, for me, you have established that you have a negative, controlling and "sarcastic" outlook on life, thus "so no need for the soap box speech." What I wrote in my last posting was a sincere and genuine posting, it was from the heart, from my true life experiences and the work experiences of others as veteran police officers!! Next I could only take what I did from what you wrote in your posting, nothing more; I am not a swami, nor do I sit at a table in front of a crystal ball. As for your next statement, "A few in my family retired from law enforcement". I know a few millionaires, however I will never know or experience their life style!!! I am also a retired licensed clinical social worker, and as such work with police officers, fire and rescue personnel in dealing with their work experiences and their PTSD; CISM work. Unless you have been there, "you don't have any idea" of what they have to contend with either physically or psychologically; and, oftentimes will have to contend with the rest of their lives!! And lastly if you really were aware of what law enforcement have to deal with on a daily basis, you never would have wrote the callous , "Cops on the ground seem to do a pretty fair job of denying a trial to a lot of the more serious offenders." That was a totally cheep shot and an unfair statement to make anywhere, or about anyone, even a long range shooting forum. The only thing that I can suggest to you, if you don't want the "soap box speech, is to be more choosing with your words, what you are writing down and who you are saying them about.

This will be the last of this conversation from my end!! First and foremost, for me, you have established that you have a negative, controlling and "sarcastic" outlook on life, thus "so no need for the soap box speech." What I wrote in my last posting was a sincere and genuine posting, it was from the heart, from my true life experiences and the work experiences of others as veteran police officers!! Next I could only take what I did from what you wrote in your posting, nothing more; I am not a swami, nor do I sit at a table in front of a crystal ball. As for your next statement, "A few in my family retired from law enforcement". I know a few millionaires, however I will never know or experience their life style!!! I am also a retired licensed clinical social worker, and as such work with police officers, fire and rescue personnel in dealing with their work experiences and their PTSD; CISM work. Unless you have been there, "you don't have any idea" of what they have to contend with either physically or psychologically; and, oftentimes will have to contend with the rest of their lives!! And lastly if you really were aware of what law enforcement have to deal with on a daily basis, you never would have wrote the callous , "Cops on the ground seem to do a pretty fair job of denying a trial to a lot of the more serious offenders." That was a totally cheep shot and an unfair statement to make anywhere, or about anyone, even a long range shooting forum. The only thing that I can suggest to you, if you don't want the "soap box speech, is to be more choosing with your words, what you are writing down and who you are saying them about.
So all that said, how do you as a "professional" feel about the "bump stock" issue? Maybe now that your all warmed up, you might let your true feelings about the perps being on par with the cops as for the weapons they use.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.