Bumpstocks banned

What's funny about that? Granted, they are not always 100% serious, and some of it is entertainment for the camera, but I'm not seeing your sarcasm.

Explain to me how you would be a better choice on behalf of gun owners...Because you seem like someone who doesn't like AR's, and doesn't like semi-autos, and doesn't care anything about them or their accessories, or if they ban them for good. That's not protecting the 2nd Amendment, that's enabling gun control and bastardizing the 2nd Amendment from its original meaning, its original meaning wasn't about hunting, and didn't have any clauses in it about which type of guns we can and can't own.

I'm not a shotgun guy, but I don't give 2 craps if people own one. I don't like black powder either, but I don't care if people own them. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you shouldn't care about whether people have a right to own it or not, or whether the government is allowed to ban something Constitutionally legal.

Last edited:
I've noticed, in the state I live we have gone from liberty loving to statist in just a few years. Kalifornia refugees bringing their cesspool state with them.

Let's hope the folks in the panhandle reproduce at high rates and homeschool to help save Florida. Same with native Texans

Happy new year
Yup and that's why they don't want a wall because they vote for the Democrats and every illegal coming into the country is a vote for those who want those open borders! Open borders = free loading boarders!!!

And.....my thoughts are instead of shutting the government down, Trump ought to totally shut down the borders. No one in only out!!! See how the Democrats like that one!!

So he's going to deploy the military to do this?

Yes those are my thoughts on this, there already are troops there correct? Declare a national emergency and shut the borders down entirely. If you want to get out, fine but no one in. The Demo-scats are doing whatever they can to dismantle this president and all that he does or tries to do. They currently are bastardizing him, his family and any policies that he attempts to implement. Presently this country is in a total deadlock, and I do not see that status change unless we can get people to come to the table and honestly negotiate, something that has already been negotiated with other presidents; meaning funding of the wall.

And......just thinking that we got here from a post about bump stocks:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Please keep the political discussion on this forum confined to guns or hunting.
Hello Len, with all the stuff going on in DC right now, it is hard not to get into a discussion with politics that led this conversation to where it went. That was the purpose of my last posting. I am sorry if I offended any of the readers on here, never my intention ever to offend.

What's funny about that? Granted, they are not always 100% serious, and some of it is entertainment for the camera, but I'm not seeing your sarcasm.

Explain to me how you would be a better choice on behalf of gun owners...Because you seem like someone who doesn't like AR's, and doesn't like semi-autos, and doesn't care anything about them or their accessories, or if they ban them for good. That's not protecting the 2nd Amendment, that's enabling gun control and bastardizing the 2nd Amendment from its original meaning, its original meaning wasn't about hunting, and didn't have any clauses in it about which type of guns we can and can't own.

I'm not a shotgun guy, but I don't give 2 craps if people own one. I don't like black powder either, but I don't care if people own them. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you shouldn't care about whether people have a right to own it or not, or whether the government is allowed to ban something Constitutionally legal.
Well I didn't intend it to be sarcasm, and I don't believe I even implied I would be better at speaking on behalf of gun owners. But show that video on the national news and it would be like throwing gas on the fire. Whats not to understand about that?
How are gun owners looked upon and portrayed by most of the media, and those opposed to us?
Wether we agree on this issue or not, plays no roll in what the bump stock was actually created to do.
And to claim otherwise is actually an insult to ones intelligence, which is how I felt about the video.

Well I didn't intend it to be sarcasm, and I don't believe I even implied I would be better at speaking on behalf of gun owners. But show that video on the national news and it would be like throwing gas on the fire. Whats not to understand about that?
How are gun owners looked upon and portrayed by most of the media, and those opposed to us?
Wether we agree on this issue or not, plays no roll in what the bump stock was actually created to do.
And to claim otherwise is actually an insult to ones intelligence, which is how I felt about the video.
It's all good. I just didn't know how you meant it. I see what you're saying now. Yeah, they do always try to portray us in a bad light as crazy rednecks, and folks up north do tend to think anyone with a southern accent sounds like an uneducated idiot...The perks of "winning" the war I guess, is that the "winner" gets to write his story and that's labeled as "the truth". :rolleyes:

It was intended to MIMIC full-auto fire...Which is does on a so-so level. Anyone who's shot real M4's and M16's will tell you that it's half-assed at best. It still does not turn a semi-auto into a machine gun, no matter how much the gun-grabbers want to hype it up into something it's not.

So much for bumpstocks making you shoot faster... Jerry Miculek shoots slower and less-accurate with a bumpstock, than he does with his regular competition rifle and index finger.

That's enough to disprove the gun-grabber boogieman theories right there.

So much for bumpstocks making you shoot faster... Jerry Miculek shoots slower and less-accurate with a bumpstock, than he does with his regular competition rifle and index finger.

That's enough to disprove the gun-grabber boogieman theories right there.

Which is the exact reason I chose to stay with 870s when most of my friends switched from pumps to 1100s.
Years back, and im talking about many, Winchester had a guy by name of Herb Parsons, who traveled about doing shooting exhibitions at various places around the country. Herb was a good old boy with a slight southern demeaner, which added color to the show.
He used about every gun Winchester made during the fabulous show he alone put on. But the one that really impressed me was that he had 2 model 12s, with one laying on a table, the other in his hand with no plug restricting the magazine capacity.
In his opposite hand he held a stack of as I recall 6 clay birds which he sent aloft by hand, then broke each individually before they hit the ground, which required picking up the other gun in order to do.
Now that certainly isn't a fair illustration of what most normal people are able to do, but it does show whats possible.

Still support the NRA? Still think they have your 2A rights best interest? The Democrats have done nothing but to push MORE gun control since Parkland!!!

The NRA is lying to you!

Still support the NRA? Still think they have your 2A rights best interest? The Democrats have done nothing but to push MORE gun control since Parkland!!!

The NRA is lying to you!

Well over the years they have delivered very favorably for our 2nd amendment rights in many hard fought court cases, AND, what other organization has?
Were not talking about a gun issue here, were talking about an attachment that turns a gun into something it wasent intended to be.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.