Bumpstocks banned

Ya potus isn't really the position for on the job training but holy crap it was almost another Clinton.. it's really aggravating to watch this bs play out but I am atleast grateful that the man in charge isnt participating in the sit ins and lobbying for the left.

Ya potus isn't really the position for on the job training but holy crap it was almost another Clinton.. it's really aggravating to watch this bs play out but I am atleast grateful that the man in charge isnt participating in the sit ins and lobbying for the left.
I've supported Trump since 2015 when he first announced his run, but I'm not afraid to call someone out when they backstab people...Especially the people who got him to where he's at right now. You don't bite the hand that feeds you. He did participate in a sit-in for gun control after the Parkland false flag. Remember when he said, "I like to take the guns first, then ask questions..." I was pretty **** beyond ****ed at that point.

As for the election, I would have literally written in a vote for Mickey Mouse before I would have voted for Hillary Clinton.

Well I for one wasent even aware of bump stocks until the shooting at Vegas. When I saw the video and heard the shooting, I said to myself thats full auto fire coming from that building. I later watched a video demonstration of one from the guy who made that particular one. He made no attempt to cover up for the intent of what it did.
I don't own, nor do I have any desire to own, any type tactical or even tactical looking gun. I think they are fugly, and serve no purpose at least for me. That said, im an endowment NRA member and would defend the rights of others to own them. But I frankly don't feel the same way about some nut case having any gun, let alone a full auto, or as in that case a bunch of them.
Apperently Trump feels pretty much the same way,
and he will still get my vote if he runs again, and it's up to us to see to it he does.

Their ought to be a bumper sticket:

Don't ban guns, ban idiots!!
Totally agree with your values and your logic yobuck. I am from a family of long time shooters and hunters, and NRA members; as I am too. If I express my feelings among family members while at a family gathering, I am almost strung up and skinned. I fear losing my 2nd amendment rights as much as I fear losing a limb or digit on my body. But......if I have to lose something I would prefer to choose what I have to loose and what will mean the least to me. I see no use for black guns or bump stocks in any way whatsoever. There are plenty of firearms beside these style weapons that one can protect their home with and hunt with. I equally do not see how banning magazines that have more than 10 rounds in them is going to save children's or people's lives in general. I do believe that all of the banning that is going on is an incremental, systemic process, designed by radical, left wing, liberals whose goal is to disarm the country and dissolve the 2nd amendment. I strongly believe that one ought to pick and choose their battles, and the "bump stock" battle is not one that I care to get into.

All "Black Guns" are is the evolution of firearms ergonomics. Black guns have plenty of use, if your a veteran you are very familiar with the AR design and it is the best option for defending your home, especially since you can perform SPORTS and clear any malfunction even in complete darkness. The Black Gun is to today what the lever gun was to the period right after the civil war. The Second Amendment was never intended to apply only to the technology at the time.

If one takes a look at the origins of gun control it is really about control. They don't, nor have they ever, cared about the safety of Joe Q Public. They just don't want Joe Q Public having anything close to parity to them. One can look at old catalogs and see adds for when one could send a check in and buy a Tommy gun. The Government at the time did not seem to have an issue with it. Someone in this forum brought up the issue that the govt did not want the moonshiners on the same footing as them.

Alibiv - express your feelings about your Second Amendment rights at family gatherings as often as you can, don't worry about getting "skinned alive" if you can convince one to come to our side and create doubt in the minds of several more (about gun control) than you are a success. Use logic and facts in the discussion and base your arguments within the original intent of the founding fathers. Avoid emotion. If you can, target those 16 and under with pro Second Amendment discussion, we want to get as many Generation Z as we can on our side. Don't be discouraged by setbacks, keep trying, this is after all a long game. And we can't win it if we don't play it.

yobuck - Thanks for the support, I don't own a bump stock either but I do own black rifles and am glad you would defend the rights of others to own them. If we don't support every niche in the firearms community who is going to support us when the time comes? That is the way I see this. Think if they came after .408s with the same bump stock ban. All the owners would have to give up a rifle costing anywhere from 4500-13,500$+ without compensation, or face 10 years in prison, a 250,000 dollar fine, or have to have it pried from "their dead cold hands". And yes, like you, I will support POTUS in his re election bid, what other choice do we gun owners have?

Don't come above the 49th, it's looking crappy up here.

Change is coming down the pipe whether we like it or not.

I'd like to see the freedoms of the past ,,, but it only takes a few to wreck it for the rest of us.

At least we can still have some fun with what we have to work with, to old generation is gone,,, I guess it's our turn to make our stand in history that was handed over from our fore father's and mothers

Don't come above the 49th, it's looking crappy up here.

Change is coming down the pipe whether we like it or not.

I'd like to see the freedoms of the past ,,, but it only takes a few to wreck it for the rest of us.

At least we can still have some fun with what we have to work with, to old generation is gone,,, I guess it's our turn to make our stand in history that was handed over from our fore father's and mothers
What is happening up there that is so crappy?

All "Black Guns" are is the evolution of firearms ergonomics. Black guns have plenty of use, if your a veteran you are very familiar with the AR design and it is the best option for defending your home, especially since you can perform SPORTS and clear any malfunction even in complete darkness. The Black Gun is to today what the lever gun was to the period right after the civil war. The Second Amendment was never intended to apply only to the technology at the time.

If one takes a look at the origins of gun control it is really about control. They don't, nor have they ever, cared about the safety of Joe Q Public. They just don't want Joe Q Public having anything close to parity to them. One can look at old catalogs and see adds for when one could send a check in and buy a Tommy gun. The Government at the time did not seem to have an issue with it. Someone in this forum brought up the issue that the govt did not want the moonshiners on the same footing as them.

Alibiv - express your feelings about your Second Amendment rights at family gatherings as often as you can, don't worry about getting "skinned alive" if you can convince one to come to our side and create doubt in the minds of several more (about gun control) than you are a success. Use logic and facts in the discussion and base your arguments within the original intent of the founding fathers. Avoid emotion. If you can, target those 16 and under with pro Second Amendment discussion, we want to get as many Generation Z as we can on our side. Don't be discouraged by setbacks, keep trying, this is after all a long game. And we can't win it if we don't play it.

yobuck - Thanks for the support, I don't own a bump stock either but I do own black rifles and am glad you would defend the rights of others to own them. If we don't support every niche in the firearms community who is going to support us when the time comes? That is the way I see this. Think if they came after .408s with the same bump stock ban. All the owners would have to give up a rifle costing anywhere from 4500-13,500$+ without compensation, or face 10 years in prison, a 250,000 dollar fine, or have to have it pried from "their dead cold hands". And yes, like you, I will support POTUS in his re election bid, what other choice do we gun owners have?
JBS, I am not a veteran, however can say that I bought one of the first, original Colt ARs when they first hit the market. And yes they can be used for personal protection in one's home or property. My post was to present a point that if I "had" to give something up, the "AR" type of military weapon would be my choice because IMO there are other firearms that could be used for personal protection. I carried a Rem 870 for personal protection for nearly 30 years; my choice of weapons for personal protection. And I will fight for 2nd amendment rights until I can no longer fight.

Presently in the town where I live (small, very urban area on the east coast) there is a woman (with political affiliations) who is having a fight with her neighbor because he is shooting in his backyard and she finds the noise offensive, so...................... she has asked the town council to pass a town ordinance prohibiting a person from target practicing in their backyard. The neighbor doing the shooting had been found by the local police to be shooting legally in his backyard according to the laws of this state. At the first council meeting, where the "proposed" ordinance was supposed to be presented, the council meeting had to be cancelled because the council chambers was overcrowded due to the large turnout of people at the meeting!! Town residents, mostly Swamp Yankees:mad::rolleyes:, who never really attend council meetings showed up in droves to contest the proposed challenge. I do not know this man (the neighbor), however I can tell you that I led the march in contacting people and getting them out and for contacting the 2nd amendment coalition to get their support to squash the propose ordinance. As I wrote in the previous post, I fear losing my 2nd amendment rights as much as I fear losing a digit or appendage on my body; and.....I will fight to keep my rights and other's rights intact!

Well (from my cold dead hands), is simply a catchy cliché worded by a very good (performer), who also happened to be a very good friend of gun owners.
Weve always had liberal minded people among us, which is why it took so much time and arguing to agree on the wording of our founding documents to begin with. Stand in your doorway with your AR if you like, shouting what ever. But as you do, a little drone will be sent over to eliminate the house, or that entire high rise building in Vegas if need be. And they already have a good idea of how many drones they need to get the message out.
We now have the best friend of the American dream we have ever had occupying the White House, barr none, including Reagan, and the early slave holders.

"We now have the best friend of the American dream we have ever had occupying the White House, barr none, including Reagan, and the early slave holders." What does, "and the early slave holders" mean exactly, what are you trying to say here?

"We now have the best friend of the American dream we have ever had occupying the White House, barr none, including Reagan, and the early slave holders." What does, "and the early slave holders" mean exactly, what are you trying to say here?
Not trying to say anything, some things just speak for themselves. Fact is though there have always been some who would deny liberty to others, and depending upon which side you sit on an issue can get you labeled in one way or another. For example, we either all now join in favor of bump stocks or those who don't are the enemy. Even though a large percentage of them might have bigger wallets on the gun issue than the mouth they shout with. Which is why the paltry 5 million NRA members, and yet another perfect example. Id be willing to bet that a lot of bump stock owners don't belong, yet expect them to go to the wall for them.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts