Bullseyecamera Target Camera system

Here's a video of how it works:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilm3rfWuwFE]Bullseye Camera Systems - Target Camera - YouTube[/ame]

Can you post some better photos of the system itself? Including the individual components. Does it come in the case you were using in your video? I want one, and usually buy what I want, but I want to know what I am getting.

The max distance is 800 yards on my backyard range. Because there is a little ditch/stream in the way I have to drive around the public road and take another road in to the target, this would save me some aggravation.

Do you think I could build a permanent structure near the target, add a solar panel and 12 volt car battery and a DC converter and be able to leave it on all the time?

How close to the target does it need to be to pick up bullets on a four foot by four foot backer?

Can you post some better photos of the system itself? Including the individual components. Does it come in the case you were using in your video? I want one, and usually buy what I want, but I want to know what I am getting.

The max distance is 800 yards on my backyard range. Because there is a little ditch/stream in the way I have to drive around the public road and take another road in to the target, this would save me some aggravation.

Do you think I could build a permanent structure near the target, add a solar panel and 12 volt car battery and a DC converter and be able to leave it on all the time?

How close to the target does it need to be to pick up bullets on a four foot by four foot backer?
Wow!! great questions!! Probably the best thing for you to do in this instance, would be to go to the website, and contact the developer through the "contact us" tab. That way your question goes right to the main designer. He will be able to help you out a lot better than I on this one. He's the electronics guy.

There may be others who would like to know the answers, can you pass them along to him and post his answers?

Wow!! great questions!! Probably the best thing for you to do in this instance, would be to go to the website, and contact the developer through the "contact us" tab. That way your question goes right to the main designer. He will be able to help you out a lot better than I on this one. He's the electronics guy.

As a representative you probably need to know how to answer these types of questions. And I would like to know the answers also. lightbulb

As a representative you probably need to know how to answer these types of questions. And I would like to know the answers also. lightbulb

Now go easy. He is just getting started with this thing. :) Its a new product and they are gonna get some strange questions I'm sure. I'm sure they have a large FAQ that will start as soon as they ship. The software package for this is pretty cool I have to say. I have built a DIY system like this using open source software and mostly off the shelf hardware all housed in a 50 cal ammo can. His system sports a very similar concept as far as hardware goes but includes some pretty amazing software to help things out a bit. I get similar or equal range for the video feed but all I get is a constant picture of the target with maybe a 1 second delay. Of course I saved ~1/2 cost probably but I'm missing the coolest part of the system. They went all out getting the software going for this.

Hello - I am the developer of the system and am happy to help out and answer these questions - we are designing this system for you, the shooter, so we want all feedback!

Here are some pictures of the system (it comes in the secure carrying case):

IMGBullseyeCameraSystemBox_Small.jpg

IMGBullseyeCameraSystemTripod_Small.jpg

As far as the battery, the camera and router run off of 5V power, so you could likely set up a solar power supply/charger - we will be investigating as well.

Typically we set the camera off angle on the target 30-45 degrees and 4-8 feet back (so it doesn't get shot obviously). We have a small laser on the camera that you use to align the aim of the camera so you don't have to look at your laptop while setting it up.

The software allows you to "crop" the display image so, for instance, if you have a sheet of plywood and 4 targets on it, you can focus on one target at a time while shooting, and then zoom/move to a new target.

We have a giant laundry list of features for the software that we will be implementing throughout the year - all software updates are free, so as we improve the software, you get the updates free of charge.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.