BULLET TEST COMPARISON (as promised)

Ya, the accuracy is VERY good with the 140 A-Max in my 6.5 Sherman too. I may have to try some as well. I may be doing some REAL LIFE bullet testing later this week. I got a call that Fish and Game gave permission to dispose of a problem elk. They have tried everything to scare 50 head out of a guys new planting to no avail and said the only way is to shoot one and scare the rest off! Stay tuned........Rich

Back to the top with real live (or dead) results...

From Rich...

This is my buddy Kevin with his first elk ever. The bullet that you see was a .257 bonded inside the .308. The Front portion grenaded in the lungs after punching a major hole thru the entry shoulder and the .257 flattened almost to the base and ended up in the opposite shoulder just under the hide after blowing a hole thru the major part of the shoulder blade. The elks chin nearly hit the ground upon impact, she then staggered two or three steps and collapsed.

DSCI00021.jpg

DSCI00022.jpg

DSCI00023.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like the bullet performed well as did the gentleman behind the rifle. Congratulations Kevin nice shooting and good looking elk.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.