bullet suggestions for 300 win mag

... sub 1/2" at 100 yards with 69.8 gr. of IMR7828 rem. #9 1/2 m magnum primers and FC casings with the bullet 0.106 off the lands ...I'm pretty happy with that load now I just have to try it out at further distances.:) Oh and rinodods I appreciate the offer but with deer season right around the corner I still have about 80 of my AMAX's and that should be more than enough. I should only need one right?
I hope you find they work at longer range. They should. I like them in my 300WSM at ~2750.

good luck with your hunt.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE SUGGESTIONS. I was able to find some 208 gr. AMAX bullets at the store the other day and was not able to find any 200 gr accubonds. A buddy of mine had some 215 gr. hybrids he said he would be willing to let me try if I didnt have luck with the AMAX's first. I went to the range sunday and again today and shot a few different loads and my best group both days was sub 1/2" at 100 yards with 69.8 gr. of IMR7828 rem. #9 1/2 m magnum primers and FC casings with the bullet 0.106 off the lands ( that's the closest I can get the bullet to the lands due to my magazine box).I'm not sure about velocity yet because the chrono was not working today but going by what the Hornady book says im guessing it between 2700 and 2800 fps. I'm pretty happy with that load now I just have to try it out at further distances.:) Oh and rinodods I appreciate the offer but with deer season right around the corner I still have about 80 of my AMAX's and that should be more than enough. I should only need one right?

That's good news. I used to shoot a lot of them in my 300WM but have been slinging 215 bergers of late. Glad to hear you've got enough left for deer season at least. Think I have a least 500 of them around at this point. Happy to share if anyone is stuck right before season. Good luck. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts