Bullet seating

bulldurham

Have received a stone point bullet col have made a case fits perfect but some how i got the neck to tight so bullet does not slide easy anyway to open it back up with out making another case . Pain in the butt taping i think this is where I messed up . Thanks for any help

If it slides in with firm finger pressure, just not freely, you can open it easily. Take a new bronze brush that is a close fit to the neck bore, wrap it with coarse steel wool, chuck it in a drill and run it in and out of the neck until you get the fit you require.

Will try it it's pretty tight it pushed too far inside my neck die when I was tapping it thanks . It would be nice to have the neck mandrel but I don't . Thanks

Unless I missed it, I didn't see what caliber this is ... but ... if you have a die for next size up (i.e., you are doing this with 6.5 and have a 270 die) could you just lube it up and run it only over the expander ball of the next size up die then put the amount of tension you want on it again?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.