Bullet Runout

Looking into getting a concentricity gauge, which one do you use/recommend.

For now i just use the redneck method to measuring bullet runout. All i do is look in my ammo box of 50 and if all i have left is 10 i know im about to runout:)

I picked up the Forster tool over Christmas and it works well but requires the use of their pilots to check neck wall thickness. The pilots have to be purchased separately.

Looking into getting a concentricity gauge, which one do you use/recommend.

For now i just use the redneck method to measuring bullet runout. All i do is look in my ammo box of 50 and if all i have left is 10 i know im about to runout:)

Depends on how much you want to spend. Sinclair International sells them. I have an old Bonanza (now Forester)gauge that works with most cartridges. Hornady also makes one that's a bit easier to setup the dial indicator then the Forester.

That's my gripe about the Forster tool too. They could have done a much better job with the gage setup.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.