Bullet Runout---How to Fix

Thanks for the info Kirby,

gonna have to print all of that off and play around with it this weekend. Probably also gonna get a Forester inline seater also.

Very expensive hobby, but it gives me something to do while the wife works late.

thank
steve

Abinok,

I didnt state that very correctly, the gun that is having the runout prob is my savage 25-06 and I am using it as practice for the 270 AM and another future gun.

I am sure the Kirby guns will have very little problems, just wanna practice up on some cheap Winny brass before I go fating around with the expensive stuff.

I will have to check into the Lee die though, BJ has one and he always bragged on it.

thanks
steve

I know the feeling. This problem drove me crazy until I finally realized that after firing a case the neck was always straight with the body. It was the expander ball that was causing the problem stretching the neck one way or the other because the brass is usually not the same thickness all the way around. The solution: Don't full-length size your cases if you're using them in the same gun and try some Forester dies or Redding. They both align the bullet with neck which most dies do not do. Of all the dies I own I like the Forester & Redding the best. If you do this your concentricity should be in the .001-.003 area. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts