Bullet recommendation for 7mm-08 reduced loads

The 7-08 has just became my favorite caliber. I've always liked all things 7mm. Since I've had it, and shot several combos, I found a load, that was very accurate, mine imsl recoil, nearly 243 type. I was shooting 120 Nosler ballistic tips. During my ladder, using Varget, I found a load right at about 38.5-39, that was very accurate. Powerful enough to kill deer, but I wanted a little more speed, and proceeded. I ended up at about 41.8, and another accuracy node.
You may want to visit my first load, it was quite accurate, and repeatable.
All the best, 7

Recoil and effectiveness on game at first appears to be a contradiction.

Recall that a 100 gr bullet at about 2900 fps gives about the same recoil as the .243 Win with 100 gr bullets and a 120 gr bullet at 2500 - 2600 fps has about the same recoil as both the 6.5 Grendel and the .243 Win.

Both cartridges are very effective game harvesters and are often used by very young, very small, and older shooters. Further, 7 mm bullets in those weight classes and design will perform much the same on impact.

So, one can have an effective game harvester with not much recoil.

One can load to lower velocities and have less recoil. The only penalties will be in trajectory and maximum range for reliable bullet expansion. Neither is critical under about 200 - 250 yards.
Well said, top to bottom. Those are great comparisons!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.