Bullet Quality

Has anyone had any problems with bullet quality? I just got a box of .277 175 grain and they seems pretty poor quality from what I've received from them before ? I'm still new to reloading but I've received a few boxes from them before but they were all great.
7BE9C2E0-7B70-426C-9CEF-B65AB2762D09.jpeg
BB63920D-CDCE-4BF6-A422-06296993BB14.jpeg
DEFD71BF-6E2B-42FB-ABC2-57199833968B.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like the tips got hit against the side of the box during shipment. A folded jacket near the ogive is going to happen some times. But, the mushroomed meplats would concern me. I have not shot Matrix bullets for about 4 years but they were very consistent in appearance and performance back then.

Looks like the tips got hit against the side of the box during shipment. A folded jacket near the ogive is going to happen some times. But, the mushroomed meplats would concern me. I have not shot Matrix bullets for about 4 years but they were very consistent in appearance and performance back then.
4 years ago is about when I bought most of my bullets they were great and consistent. But this box was ordered a few months ago. I'd say well over have of the box has what I would think is heavy to severe "jacket folding". The third picture has some of the worst ones that I could actually get in a picture.

Has anyone had any problems with bullet quality coming from Matrix Ballistics ? I just got a box of .277 175 grain and they seems pretty poor quality from what I've received from them before ? I'm still new to reloading but I've received a few boxes from them before but they were all great.View attachment 226408View attachment 226409View attachment 226410

I have enough 165/175 for 2 barrel life. I never had any issues.

Airing your issue here is not going to help you. You need to address it directly with Matrix.

I have enough 165/175 for 2 barrel life. I never had any issues.

Airing your issue here is not going to help you. You need to address it directly with Matrix.
I have 3 boxes of the 175 and 3 of 165 I've already stated they were all great I only ordered these to add to my stock. I've already tried to contact them I'm still waiting for a response. I'm not airing anything out I'm asking if anyone has had the same issue.

I have 3 boxes of the 175 and 3 of 165 I've already stated they were all great I only ordered these to add to my stock. I've already tried to contact them I'm still waiting for a response. I'm not airing anything out I'm asking if anyone has had the same issue.

This is how a company/product bashing normally gets started whether intentional or not. Rule #7.

When Marshal owned Matrix, his attention to detail was remarkable. When Marshal told me he was selling, (like FEENIX) I bought what I needed for the life of my rifles. When the new owner(s) took over, they only offered a limited assortment of smaller caliber bullets. Now that they are expanding a bit, it may be a result of trying to get product out faster (keeping customers happy) than making sure the process is stable and repeatable. Right, wrong, or indifferent the condition of the bullets are unexceptionable (which I am sure you already know because of this posting).
My suggestion would be to spend your time visiting with Matrix to discuss your options. Every manufacturer, no matter who they are, at one time or another has sent out a product that was unsatisfactory. I agree with FEENIX on this one. These posts (some not all) end up bashing a manufacturer. I realize that wasn't your intent, however you have no control over who reads and reacts to your pictures or comments.
I sure hope Matrix makes it right for you.

Jayson

When Marshal owned Matrix, his attention to detail was remarkable. When Marshal told me he was selling, (like FEENIX) I bought what I needed for the life of my rifles. When the new owner(s) took over, they only offered a limited assortment of smaller caliber bullets. Now that they are expanding a bit, it may be a result of trying to get product out faster (keeping customers happy) than making sure the process is stable and repeatable. Right, wrong, or indifferent the condition of the bullets are unexceptionable (which I am sure you already know because of this posting).
My suggestion would be to spend your time visiting with Matrix to discuss your options. Every manufacturer, no matter who they are, at one time or another has sent out a product that was unsatisfactory. I agree with FEENIX on this one. These posts (some not all) end up bashing a manufacturer. I realize that wasn't your intent, however you have no control over who reads and reacts to your pictures or comments.
I sure hope Matrix makes it right for you.

Jayson

Jayson,

Agreed! I have pretty good support/interaction with the new owner (Kurtis Stoutjesdyk) as well. They are a small company and with the current situation, they cannot probably respond to issues as quickly as they want to. Patience is a virtue.

Ed

Matrix responded and took care of the situation and we're sorry about these slipping through. With my past dealings with them i had no doubt they would remedy the situation. This post was never about bashing a company. I still have nothing negative to say about them and would buy bullets from the anytime when they're producing again.

Matrix responded and took care of the situation and we're sorry about these slipping through. With my past dealings with them i had no doubt they would remedy the situation. This post was never about bashing a company. I still have nothing negative to say about them and would buy bullets from the anytime when they're producing again.

Like I previously noted, intentional or not this is how things get out of hand, and I have seen plenty of it.

As most of us expected, Matrix will make it right.

It is always great that things get resolved between the customer and seller and that a good working relationship is stored. However, the comments will continue to pour in.

Last edited:
Off topic, but how consistent are Matrix bullets for weight and BTO? Like compared to Bergers? Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.