Bullet Pulling Question

Very good observation. That would be a big time no bueno to have bits of primer mixed with powder charges.
Probably not good news for marketing in the kinetic puller field😎
Yeah, I don't really understand the market requirement for a kinetic hammer type bullet remover. Anyone who wants to do that surely has a press with which a puller collet can be used and it has no downsides that I can think of.

There's a reason that there are few things we do with bullets or even firearms that require a quick "violent" action….Other than shooting them.

Yeah, I don't really understand the market requirement for a kinetic hammer type bullet remover. Anyone who wants to do that surely has a press with which a puller collet can be used and it has no downsides that I can think of.

There's a reason that there are few things we do with bullets or even firearms that require a quick "violent" action….Other than shooting them.
lead bullets will not pull with a collet... you either need a kinetic or you will have to ruin them with a vise grips

lead bullets will not pull with a collet... you either need a kinetic or you will have to ruin them with a vise grips
My most recent experience is with monos (Barnes) and they suffer no damage using a collet puller.

Several years ago when I first pulled a few lead cores, inspected them and measured their "roundness", they were still perfectly round. They were just Hornady SPs and SSTs, and I didn't notice any performance issues at 100 and 200 yards, practicing with them. If suppose if I were to pull more expensive ones like Bergers and was intending them for longer distances I'd go back to the hammer and toss the powder and primers. In which case (no pun intended) I'd resize them too. YMMV

The only downside to the collet type puller is the need for different size collets for different calibers. I used an inertia type early on but they are insufferably slow if there are many to do.

Whaaaat? I've pulled hundreds of lead bullets with a collet type puller. You need a better collet puller or more instruction.
riiiight... you do it your way, I'll do it mine... Usually I just use a vise grip and toss them back in the lead pot and re-melt them, but I might give them a whack if they are gas checked rifle bullets... Lead is a lubricant, you will never get enough grip without distorting the bullet enough to damage it. You have a chance with a kinetic puller.
As to instruction... been doing this a few decades... Prolly don't need any instruction...

Don't take offense but I'd match you on experience and I don't know any shooters who use vice grips. It does however sound like we are playing different games. When you mentioned the melting pot it became clear that you shoot cast bullets while the vast majority here shoot jacketed bullets.
A collet will certainly grab a jacketed bullet and they shoot as accurately as a bullet from the box. I've never tried pulling cast bullets and you may well be right about purchase and being slippery. This forum is however called Long Range Hunting and I've not seen many high B.C. cast slugs.

Don't take offense but I'd match you on experience and I don't know any shooters who use vice grips. It does however sound like we are playing different games. When you mentioned the melting pot it became clear that you shoot cast bullets while the vast majority here shoot jacketed bullets.
A collet will certainly grab a jacketed bullet and they shoot as accurately as a bullet from the box. I've never tried pulling cast bullets and you may well be right about purchase and being slippery. This forum is however called Long Range Hunting and I've not seen many high B.C. cast slugs.
I've got a collet setup (RCBS) that I'll use on the rare occasion I need to pull jacketed. I wasn't talking about that in my previous post.

I resize and have used pulled primers without issue. Just make sure you check the anvil for excessive distortion