• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Bullet puller

You guys have any issues overcoming factory crimp with these? I've been struggling with some Norma ammo..... I raised the round through the top of my press, clamped on the bullet with vice grips and all it did was leave gouges on the bullet - I clamped down pretty hard. I only want the brass so not worried about leaving the bullet reusable.

You guys have any issues overcoming factory crimp with these? I've been struggling with some Norma ammo..... I raised the round through the top of my press, clamped on the bullet with vice grips and all it did was leave gouges on the bullet - I clamped down pretty hard. I only want the brass so not worried about leaving the bullet reusable.

See post 13.. push pull. Back in my 14 days, I pushed- pulled Ks of rounds for MexMatch.

I used a RCBS collet puller for many years. It was fine except on soft bullets or hard pulls. It would dent bullets. I bought a Hornady cam lock puller last year. I like it much better and a lot quicker. They are the only ones I've used.

Is there a easier way to take ammunition apart than the hammer tool?
I thought I saw something on here before
Not to long ago when components were readily available, I would pull bullets by removing die from press and extend loaded round in the press with only the bullet sticking up through. Then would grab above the ogive with a side cutter pliers and would rest on the top of the press. Didnt care then if damaged the bullet as It was much easier than the hammer puller. However, the bullets only had little bite marks and did not seem to affect accuracy. I would not and did not use for hunting. I am not talking pulling 100 bullets at a time as I seldom load more than 5-7 at a time.

Grip-n-Pull is super easy, fast, and works on many calibers. I added wood handle to mine from broken shovel handle.

Attachments

• 20190424_121801.jpg
    20190424_121801.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 43
A linemans pliers works good for doing that too. Haha

As already said, grip and pull works awesome and is fast. I have the standard rifle and pistol type and they are great

I have and use both the RCBS puller/ with the caliber specific collet and the grip&pull pullers. I find that the
Grip&Pull works OK on bullets in pistol straight wall cases with no roll crimp, like 9MM, 40/10MM, 45ACP jacketed.
And then not having to do many to do, as some have said, your hand gets sore and you end up scratching the copper jacket of the bullet. With the RCBS system, I can pull bullets with ease and no damage to them. I lube the inside of the puller die body where the caliber specific collet inserts inside with case resizing lube as that seems to reduce the friction as the collet is pulled up inside the tapper of the die body as it clamps onto the bullet. Doing this also gives me a better feel of how much force I'm applying to the clamping collet on the bullet as I turn the treaded T handle pulling the collet tight. I find that I need to only tighten the collet 1/8 to 1/4 turn to have sufficient grip to
pull the bullets and the same to release it and let it drop free into my hand once I have removed the case with the
powder charge from the shell holder. That's when I inspect them for any damages, finding none OK to reuse.