Bullet Puller?

I have so many calibers and very few times need to pull a bullet. Therefore; I decided years ago they aren't worth it. I simply take the die out of my RCBS press, put the cartridge in the holder and lower the lever to push the cartridge up through the threaded hole for the die. Then I take a pair of pliers that I coated the ends with a rubber grip compound and grab the bullet. Then I raise the press arm gently and since the pliers will not go through that die hole it has never failed to pull any caliber bullet, most without so much as a scratch.
interesting concept. if not too much of a bother, could you send a photo of your homemade setup? I like the idea and

I have so many calibers and very few times need to pull a bullet. Therefore; I decided years ago they aren't worth it. I simply take the die out of my RCBS press, put the cartridge in the holder and lower the lever to push the cartridge up through the threaded hole for the die. Then I take a pair of pliers that I coated the ends with a rubber grip compound and grab the bullet. Then I raise the press arm gently and since the pliers will not go through that die hole it has never failed to pull any caliber bullet, most without so much as a scratch.
Pliers worked well for me this past weekend, but didnt think to add rubber to protect the bullet...I ended up deforming one so badly I just pulled it and threw it in the trash, that's when I switched to collet in the milling machine 😁

Use an enertia puller with a foam earplug in catch end of head. With no crimps or heavy neck tension and a solid pad to hit it on, it performs fine. No damage to bullets, and I've used it thru the years (18) with no complaints :)

I've got the RCBS bullet puller and all the collets. However, I live on the road for work. Bought a Grip-n-Pull to use on the road. Works great and it is an effective, low cost solution if it has your caliber.

First off hello, it has been several years since I posted here. I started shooting and reloading again and have been out of the loop for quite a while. Boy have prices gone up! Anyway, I have a Forster Collet Bullet Puller. I am trying to source a few collets for it and I am having difficulty. I'd like to have collets for .22 cal, 6 mm, 6.5 mm and 7 mm, 30 cal I have. I was thinking of scrapping the idea and buying a Grip-N-Pull puller, but the reviews weren't impressive. I have an intertia puller, but like the collet pullers. Any help is appreciated, go easy it's my first time posting in a long time.
First off hello, it has been several years since I posted here. I started shooting and reloading again and have been out of the loop for quite a while. Boy have prices gone up! Anyway, I have a Forster Collet Bullet Puller. I am trying to source a few collets for it and I am having difficulty. I'd like to have collets for .22 cal, 6 mm, 6.5 mm and 7 mm, 30 cal I have. I was thinking of scrapping the idea and buying a Grip-N-Pull puller, but the reviews weren't impressive. I have an intertia puller, but like the collet pullers. Any help is appreciated, go easy it's my first time posting in a long time.
I like my grip n pull
I use it mainly to reset a bullet when I set it to far into the case during reloading.
Also used it a bunch when I pulled all the bullets from a big lot of ammo that had gotten wet during a flood. Works faster that other methods.

I use a RCBS and an inertia bullet puller.Both work.I added some extra foam rubber in the tip of the inertia and it does not seem to damage the bullets.

If you have a Forster Co-Ax forget about the grip n pull. I bought one without thinking about that. It now resides on my buddy's loading bench.

I've been using the RCBS inertia bullet puller for years once I figured out that putting a piece of foam in the bottom saved tip deformation it's been my go to

Hello, I have utilized the Hornady puller for many years and really love it. In fact, I just pulled 7 338 Ultra Mag bullets, and it didn't leave any marks on the bullet heads. Had bad experiences with inertia pullers. The Hornady works great!!! Would highly recommend it.

I've been using the RCBS inertia bullet puller for years once I figured out that putting a piece of foam in the bottom saved tip deformation it's been my go to
Thanks what I do. I found the .22-250 bullets to be a real PITA to get out with the inertia puller. The two 308's I load for are not so bad.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.