Bullet Lube

Just ine works for me. You treat it with a simple patch swap with rubbing alcohol and HBN, then fire one round, and it levels out, at least that is what I have seen on my magnetospeed
You like that magnetospeed? I have an oehler 35P. Kinda a pain to set up buy I can shoot and not worry about impact change. That magnetospeed has to change your harmonics and impact yes?

I use hbn in every barrel except my ARs.
Lots of benefits to it, once you get setup for it, it's easy to coat. I use a food strainer to wash, a food dehydrator to dry and warm them up, and the Tubb kit bottle to coat in my tumbler. I can stay several hundred bullets ahead of my loading.
Pros,
Less barrel cleaning
Less carbon ring problems.
Low es
Slowed throat erosion
No bullet weld
Ability to load to higher velocity.

cons,
I got nothing...

I use hbn in every barrel except my ARs.
Lots of benefits to it, once you get setup for it, it's easy to coat. I use a food strainer to wash, a food dehydrator to dry and warm them up, and the Tubb kit bottle to coat in my tumbler. I can stay several hundred bullets ahead of my loading.
Pros,
Low es
Slowed throat erosion
No bullet weld
Ability to load to higher velocity.

cons,
I got nothing...
Do you need a rotary tumbler? I just have the vibrating tub type now.

I read about this hbn years ago but the light just never went on. From what you say it seems win win. Is there a carrier involved such as carnauba wax to keep it on the bullets similar to moly?
nope, that's the reason for tumbling. It's called impact coating or impact plating. It's so fine it's gets into the actual pores of the metal.

You like that magnetospeed? I have an oehler 35P. Kinda a pain to set up buy I can shoot and not worry about impact change. That magnetospeed has to change your harmonics and impact yes?
Exactly. It's a good option for accurate numbers without spending an arm and a leg, however it is a pain. I will eventually have a lab radar, they are the best solution I believe, though expensive and eat batteries.

I use the vibratory tumbler from harbor freight. I usually tumble for
3-4 hours depends number of bullets.
Can you post a pic of your setup? I want to start doing this for my 338 rum, 300 norma improved, ans 7ss max. My only worry is I'm already compressed w/ N570 in the 338 rum @ 95.5gr. Adding another 1.5-2gr might not fit to get velocity back up to where I have it.

Can you post a pic of your setup? I want to start doing this for my 338 rum, 300 norma improved, ans 7ss max. My only worry is I'm already compressed w/ N570 in the 338 rum @ 95.5gr. Adding another 1.5-2gr might not fit to get velocity back up to where I have it.
Sure, I'll throw some pics up later today.
You could run into trouble with getting your velocity back up if you're out of room. Have you considered making a drop tube?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.