Bullet Choice

Thanks WildRose. Every once in a while the stars align...
Until the last couple of years the Accubond has been one of my two favorite bullets with the Hornady interbond being Number one. When the cut production of the Interbond for the big push to get enough ELD's on the market for their opening it kind of burned my butt really. Yes the ELD-X has a higher BC but it is otherwise not a superior bullet. I understand they wanted to make their money back on the development and marketing but they didn't have to do it at the expense of a truly great bullet.

Good news is, they are back in production and starting to show up in some of their factory ammo and hopefully sooner rather than later will be back for sale as components.

I'm glad I stumbled into the Peregrines as they have proven effective enough and accurate enough for me to quit looking.

I'll certainly buy up some more interbonds when they are back on the shelves as loading components and when they do, if they'll start making some heavier for caliber offerings I'll stock up on them to be my general use bullet but unless something changes I'll keep using the Peregrine VRG4 and VLR my "go to bullet when it really counts".

I like the guys at Hornady no doubt, been doing business with them for over thirty years and whenever I've needed to talk with them about data or bullet performance they've always been thereto answer and do so helpfully.

Some of their decisions the last few years though just don't make any sense to me. If they had bonded the ELDX instead of going the interlock route it would be a vastly superior bullet. IF they'd chosen to do both it would have put the bullet into a class of it's own rivaling the A Frame and Partition for weight retention and the ability to smash it's way through the toughest hides and bones and still fly like the best of the match bullets we've had through most of the last 30 years or more.

From what I understand it was all about cost savings which makes no sense to me at all when you're trying to come up with the best bullet in it's class of premium bullets.

I would like to entice you to try our Hammer Hunter 181g. You won't be disappointed in accuracy or terminal performance. They are extremely easy to load develop as they are very tolerant to seating depth. We have an extremely high rate of repeat customers. To us that means everything. We have one goal that drives us: To make the best bullet possible. We are in the process of writing an ad for a magazine that will offer a satisfaction guarantee. If you or anybody else wants to give them a go we guarantee your satisfaction or your money back.

Steve

I have killed one buck and two coyotes with the 7mm 162gr ELD X as sofar they have all been passthroughs so I have not seen any jacket to core separation but the internal damage was very impressive .the buck was at 177 yards and should been impacted at right at 2700fps .the buck dropped and don't think even twitched

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.