BULLET CHOICE?

I shoot a 6.5*55, 6.5-06, 7MM, and others. I have used the Nosler ballistictip bullets for a long time. They are fairly accurate for my shooting. I shoot at paper and varminets. Is there some other brand I should try for the same price or less, that could shoot smaller groups. I notice people use a lot of Amax and mk's.

I know nothing of the 6.5s, but in 7mm try Sierra MatchKings. The AMAX have proved to be quite accurate for me. InterBonds have been just as accurate if you are in need of a hunting bullet for the 7mm. jm2c

I have only killed one deer with a 140 AMax (6.5).
My mv is 2785 and the range was 260 yards. Bullet did it's job and I had a very dead deer.
One experience is not much for a bullet, but you have to start somewhere. Swift's Scirrocco in 6.5 (130 grain) has a claimed BC of .571 (estimated with a MV of 3100-3200 MV I believe) should also be a good bullet. I just got a box but won't be using them on game till deer season

I need to go and look at the swift webb site. 130 gr .571 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif BC sounds great compared to the nosler 120 bt at .458. Thanks .

Backyardhunter,
For your 6.5, Lapua Scenars are excellent, the 123 grn and the 139 grn have BCs of .547 and .615 respectively, although suitable for varmints they may not perform satisfactorily on larger game.
Alas they dont make a 7mm bullet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ian.

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.