Bullet Brands

I have read so many post about bullets , but me and my family have shot nosler ballistic tips for all type of game in all type of calibers, and never have been let down, I just dont understand why shoot animals with a target bullet, just my 2 cents
I don't understand shooting bigger game animals with grenading varmint bullets. But some think it is awesome.

Love my 30-378 RC MK5, extremely accurate. I've never shot the 130 TTSX out of it. But it does love the 180 TSX OR TTSX either or. Might have to try the 130's just for kicks...
I run RL22. Work up your load, but mine works well with 113 gr. It is a long throated long action Sako. I also HBN coat them.

I don't understand shooting bigger game animals with grenading varmint bullets. But some think it is awesome.

IMO, many have cleanly killed with match bullets and I would not classify any current hunting bullet as "frangible" like varmint bullets. Construction and lead alloy is different.

I feel as though my 30-378 Wby shooting Barnes 130 gr TTSX'S @ 4030 fps works for everything in N.A. I do limit my range to 700 yards on sparrows. If I were to shoot them beyond that I guess I would have to try Bergers. Seriously 0 to 450 yards I don't believe the Berger will shoot flatter. I don't eat paper, so only shoot it to zero and test loads. My idea of long range hunting is 350 to 500 yards, so that 130 gr TTSX is perfect for every situation for me. I have other rifles, 270, 300 Wby, 7mm Firebird 30-06 6 mm Rem & Gibbs, but the 30-378 just takes the show. I don't have time to twist turrets or range a quick walking animal. I just aim and shoot. If the animal looks very small due to distance, I put the crosshairs on the top of the hairline.

Now that is just cheating. Obviously, you do not understand the game. :D

For many years it's been VLDs and Barnes in most of my rifles along with ELD Match in one of my Creedmoors until I tried Hammers. I've since changed several rifles over to Hammers.....I like the ease of developing a load, the accuracy, and the terminal performance I've seen so far!

I've used 168 7mm Bergers for javelina, deer, aoudad, and elk at 340 yards. All worked impressively, just as advertised. The only complaint I've ever heard is that the tip can get smashed together which will cause them to pencil. The recommended fix is to take a pin drill and clean the tips before the hunt. I have never had to do that, but I did purchase a pin drill.

I've used 168 7mm Bergers for javelina, deer, aoudad, and elk at 340 yards. All worked impressively, just as advertised. The only complaint I've ever heard is that the tip can get smashed together which will cause them to pencil. The recommended fix is to take a pin drill and clean the tips before the hunt. I have never had to do that, but I did purchase a pin drill.

Once I establish an accurate load, I'll load 50 and box them and take 10 in a bullet wallet to a hunt to insure the tips stay pristine. I also point my Bergers chucked in one of my lathes in a collet. Bergers are all I use but they do demand careful handling. Earlier Bergers suffered from meplat issues. Later ones are much better.

For many years it's been VLDs and Barnes in most of my rifles along with ELD Match in one of my Creedmoors until I tried Hammers. I've since changed several rifles over to Hammers.....I like the ease of developing a load, the accuracy, and the terminal performance I've seen so far!
I've seen the mention of the Hammer Bullets quite a bit. Not familiar really. Haven't tried them yet. I do reload. Surly they have something for the
30-378 Wby and the 338 RUM. Hopefully so, gonna have to take a gander on what they have...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.