Bull taken with 7mm dakota from Len

dougrosa

I took this great bull this year with my 7mm Dakota that I purchased from Len in may. I first saw him at 630 yds and felt very comfortable with that distance. My guide talked me into getting closer. The shot was taken at 404 yds.
I have spent a ggod amount of time with load development and practicing with the rifle from 600 to 900 yds. I feel very comfortable up to 700 yds and have center punched rocks at 900 yds when the wind is right.
Confedence in my rifle and practice made this a very great year.
I would like to thank Len and all of you for the tips and tricks to becoming a good long range hunter.
Doug Rosa
TeamHunt2010037-2-1.jpg

Thats a really big bull ! What part of the country did you shoot him in ? What did he weigh ? Need more details on that one...

Congrats, nice buck!!!
Good thing that you shot him at a very safe distance for you. You made it and it is tagged and in your freezer now. But as ICANHITHIMMAN wrote, I am sure with all your practice and skill you would have taken it successfully at 630.
That is OK though, for next time you will practice more and be more sure of that shot and that distance.
Thanks for sharing.

He was taken North of Parachute Colorado on private land. He weighed 420 as delivered to the processor skinned no head. Gross score 362 assuming his 1st and second on the left were not broke off from fighting. 324 as is. Taxidermist said he can fix the 1st and second but I want to leave him as shot (shows he was fighter).

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.