Building Rem-Age, need stock help !

well, I ended up ordering a Grayboe Renegade, found a deal with DBM. Of coarse , the color I wanted wasn't in stock , so 1 month wait!
I'll have to consider all these other stocks for my next build!

I just built my first rifle, 6.5 Creed Remage, 24 inch light varmint barrel. Added a NightForce SHV 5-20, as i was building i got a deal on a MagPul Remington 700 hunter stock. The rifle still needs to be bedded, but i can consistently shoot .75 to .5 moa groups both at 100 and 200. This weekend my first time taking it to extended ranges it shot a .65 group at 500 with Hornady ELD-X 143 gr. Better shooters than me have pulled sub .25 inch groups a couple of times with it also. Just my 2 cents from someone with a Remage 6.5

Really old thread I know…..but I am looking to do a Remage set up and would like to use a Magpul 700 Hunter stock for the build. Was wondering what work you had to have done to the Remington receiver to get the Remage setup functioning, we're there any fit issues using the Magpul stock with the nut?

Really old thread I know…..but I am looking to do a Remage set up and would like to use a Magpul 700 Hunter stock for the build. Was wondering what work you had to have done to the Remington receiver to get the Remage setup functioning, we're there any fit issues using the Magpul stock with the nut?
No problems with the nut.
You don't have to do anything with the receiver if you don't want to, but it's a good time to lap the lugs for better contact and smoother operation. I recommend an after market recoil lug, but don't go too thick unless you know the nut will allow you to set headspace. I used PTG lug .200" thick. I had a lot of time hogging out the barrel channel on a hunter stock because of the 1.2" bull straight taper barrel. If you're going with a barrel that thick, I recommend not using the hunter stock. It's works just fine, but a lot work went into getting it ready.

I was planning on a lightweight contour barrel and was trying to figure out the recoil lug situation so this was super helpful advice, I have used Holland recoil lugs in the past and was happy with them so I will likely grab another from them.

I was aware of the flat triggers not working in these stocks which is kind of a bummer but not a deal breaker.

MDT Oryx chassis…~$480.00
solid, mag fed, lightish, practically any size barrel, adjustable cheek/buttstock pad, mlock compatible

MDT Oryx chassis…~$480.00
solid, mag fed, lightish, practically any size barrel, adjustable cheek/buttstock pad, mlock compatible
I am looking to run a traditional hinged floorplate set up (I find it much easier to carry where I hunt) and I don't run a bipod on my rifles because of where I hunt mainly (Northeastern US, thick stuff). If I were building a Western hunting rig I feel like this stock would be perfect.

Recent Posts