building on a mauser

Daniel Ludwig

seems like nobody builds on a mauser action anymore, especially a military one, so i think im gonna do it, only one question, can i modify the extractor on a VZ24 so i can use a floorplate(aka eliminate controlled feed)????
thanks

you can use a used SAVAGE 110 cost is very low and quality is far better than most of M98 action with no need of scope mbase drilling , bolt beding for scope clerance ; nightmare receiver bottom for bedding ...)

good shooting

DAN TEC

Dan, the extractor bevel can be easily changed for push feed. You just need a gunsmith with some experience.

Mausers are still being sporterized and customised in large numbers. Just visit MidwayUSA or Brownells to see all the goodies out there.

Some of the most expensive custom rifles are built on Mauser actions. It still holds alot of attraction as a classic.

However, for the money spent, a used commercial or even new Savage will be much cheaper and have higher resale value.

Saying that I have two Mauser projects about to start and numerous other 'customs' on Enfield P actions. They are a lot of fun to play with.

Jerry

I recently had a military mauser built into a 308 winchester. Douglas barrel, timney trigger, laminate stock, nikon 4.5x14 mildot, and I really like the gun. I went to Gillette Wyoming last month and used it on two antelope, a buck at 250 and a doe at a lasered 450. I don't think I would have done any better if the action had been rem, win, or savage. Probably abit cheaper in the end because of all the work to get the mauser done up though. Good luck, James Jamison.

Dan: Here's some good info >>> Mauser Info

Check out the Sportsterizing Section. Good bunch of guys with a lot of good info. Good luck!
cool.gif

[ 11-17-2004: Message edited by: Elarski ]

[ 11-17-2004: Message edited by: Elarski ]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.