Building off of a savage action

Sounds like you have a good plan. You should check on the bullet selection though. Most long for caliber high BC bullets do not expand well on animals.

My Savage build up...... its a Revelation model, with a Krieger 1 in tube in 6.5creedmoor, extremly accurate rig, 1 sight group 3 shots at 300 mts, in calm days I can go to 4 in plates at 500 mts, with my 20moa picattiny rail zero at 300 mts can can go to 1500mts easily, and yes would make another in a Savage action. I make all my custom work.

Attachments

• 6.5mm Creedmoor.jpg
    6.5mm Creedmoor.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 176
  • 300 mts 3shot group 6.5mm creedmoor.jpg
    300 mts 3shot group 6.5mm creedmoor.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 160
Here's my salvage.
20171010_174003.jpg
20170622_191657.jpg
20170804_192006.jpg
1026161749a.jpg

First pic of groups you see are 2 5 shot groups. Top group was my "warm" up group. Bottom was after I settled down. In the bottom group the shell is actually hiding a muzzleloader bullet that my wife shot at my targeto_O

Last edited:
Yeah these savages are turds.
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2009/08/savage-f-tr-team-world-beaters-on-a-budget/

As the owner of a real sako I can tell you the Tikka is really a budget rifle with cheap parts but they do shoot good. The savages by and large are cheap rifles too but they shoot and they are cheap to mod.

All this talk of cheap guns reminds me of a mule deer hunt a good old boy friend and his dad and brother went on years ago. They all grew up deer hunting with dogs and shot Rem 760 pumps. Needless to say there were plenty of snickers and snide remarks from some easterners in camp with high dollar rifles. Long story short the " pump masters" as they were being called went 3 for 3 including a 350 yd shot on a trotting mulie. Them boys could shoot. In the end it's the nut behind the trigger that makes a difference.

http://www.bellandcarlson.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1086

#2997 Very simple installation. You do need to drill a hole for the rear screw of the trigger guard otherwise it should just bolt right in. I've gotten two of these stocks and I'm very happy with them.

How was the recoil lug fit? Did it require bedding? I piked up a turd for $199 after rebates black Friday. 12fv in 6.5 koolaid Debating on buying the savage bottom metal and going with the m40 bell carlson.

How was the recoil lug fit? Did it require bedding? I piked up a turd for $199 after rebates black Friday. 12fv in 6.5 koolaid Debating on buying the savage bottom metal and going with the m40 bell carlson.

In all honesty this was my very first time doing something like this. So I just literally put it together headspaced it then started shooting. I checked to make sure the stock wasn't touching the barrel and that was about the extent of it.

Here's another Savage. Not too pretty but shoots in the .1s and .2s.

View attachment 85652

View attachment 85653
Yeah, man that's a real turd you got there!!. All kidding aside, I don't know alot, but any thing that shoots like some of these "turds" is enviable, and admirable. I personally am NOT a Chevy guy. Just not, ok? That being said, I still have to admire the horse numbers some people get out them darn Bowties(what a ridiculous reference! ) Don't matter if I like it or not, if it performs well, it PERFORMS well ! JMO
Gregg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts