Building off of a savage action

Same here. I put a Swarovski z5 5-25X52 on a Savage. It had a $130 barrel from Midway. For shame.

My most accurate rifle is a Savage with a criterion 6BR barrel that I put on myself and headspaced with a piece of brass and scotch tape. It wears a Nightforce NSX 8-32 that cost over twice what the rifle did. I've got several custom actioned rifles along with remingtons given the full blueprint treatment and this lowly Savage outshoots them all.

I did spring for a new sharpshooter supply trigger for her the other day, the accutrigger just wasn't cutting it. It's kind of like rewarding the chubby girl you hook up with occasionally by taking her to the prom.

Picture of my ugly savage action:
7mm.jpg

For me, I always feel better at the range when I look at my groups and say ' Look the group this rifle shot. Not ' Look at my rifle. The target and or the deer don't know the difference. This comes from all my custom rem's and 1 savage. All shoot better than me. My savage has a bergara barrel and shoots 168 bergers in the .4 to .5's with a cheap scope. Just saying. Good Luck !

Ugly how? If it's the Barrel Nut, that's easily remedy'd by traditional lathe work, like my gunsmith did a long time ago on a 110 with an 7STW chambered 27" Shilen, it looked like Remington, if you didn't look close. I just recently installed a 28 Nosler 26" barrel on the same action, but I put the barrel nut and a precision lug on it, so it now looks like Savage. It is what is, pick your flavor, they all do the same thing...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.