building my own hunting rifle

How are you doing all this work? using truing mandrel sets like the PTG OR Manson? how are you timing an action and what are you actually timing? ignition or primary extraction?
This is a great place to improve your machining skills by making your own fixtures and tools. Not hard to turn a 3/4" rod into a jig to square the face of the action and lug abatements, etc

How are you doing all this work? using truing mandrel sets like the PTG OR Manson? how are you timing an action and what are you actually timing? ignition or primary extraction?
Ptg reamers, cutters, and lapping tools. Both extraction and firing pin, for cocking, protrusion, button bur, button space. Remington is a little different.

This is a great place to improve your machining skills by making your own fixtures and tools. Not hard to turn a 3/4" rod into a jig to square the face of the action and lug abatements, etc

I've already made my own action truing jig and use bushing and mandrel to dial in the action for truing. I was just wonder what he was doing. Remington actions take a little more work/ know how than a simple jig when dealing with timing was why I was asking him how he was doing all his work.

True. I am ignorant to timing because I hate tig welding anything. My mig is my best friend:)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.